• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA Board Member step up....Taschen needs your and Cap 1-12 and All Winners 1-3 for the ultimate Cap book
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Taschen recently published Vol 1 of the Amazing Spiderman Giant Edition of 1-19 and Ann#1, I can safely say that this book is and will be the Best book published this year, and for Spiderman for any year. Simply put, it is fantastic and creates the real feel of having the book again, like you got it on the news stand. This is not some hyped up colored 2022 redo, looking like it never was intended. To date this is the best $180.00 free shipping at Amazon, that I have ever spent.

On the newest Scoop newsletter this week, they passed along Taschen's announcement that the second book to be published will be the GA Captain America 1-12 and All Winners 1-3. One of the things at made the Spiderman masterpiece so special was the introduction and extra items, they are AMAZING. I cannot wait to see what they come up with on the Cap edition. Since they Photograph directly from the original comic book, they are looking  for a collector that owns Cap 1-12 and AW 1-3 and they will fly to your house and give you a book credit as well as other freebies. By the way there are two editions of the Spiderman 5000 and I think 1000 copy editions which are $600 with special covers and binding. They should throw in both editions, possibly a publishers proof copys which would make the deal even sweeter.  I am in on a first day purchase and cannot wait for this to be published.

So who out there can help????????

Edited by Mmehdy

On 3/11/2022 at 2:20 PM, Pancakes! said:

If only you knew how to spell Spider-Man lol

Don't mind his spelling. After all, he is a lawyer.

Edited by MrBedrock

FWIW the article Mitch refers to does seem to imply that the Cap will be the next volume. In fact according to Taschen customer services, the second volume will be The Avengers, in June. They are aiming to bring out two titles a year. So my guess [and it is just a guess] would be, look out for the Cap volume in 2023.

If anyone in this forum happens to be interested:

Marvel Comics Library. Avengers. Vol. 1. 1963–1965

Relive the classic early adventures of Avengers Nos. 1–20 in an XXL-sized edition that’s bigger than the Hulk’s fist, weightier than Thor’s hammer, and with more extras than Iron Man’s armor. Rather than recolor the original artwork (as has been done in previous decades’ reprints of classic comics), TASCHEN has attempted to create an ideal representation of these books as they were produced at the time of publication. The most pristine pedigreed comics have been cracked open and photographed for reproduction in close collaboration with Marvel and the Certified Guaranty Company. Each page has been photographed as printed more than half a century ago, then digitally remastered using modern retouching techniques to correct problems with the era’s inexpensive, imperfect printing—as if hot off a world-class 1960s printing press.