• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Captain America 104 1968
4 4

8 posts in this topic

Captain America #104 1968. Everything looks like it shows up in the scans except, off-white pages, and if you didn't catch when enlarged, there's a crease about a 1/2" in from the spine running the length of the book. Is this called a "reader's crease"? It's very faint but is evident where it crosses color. Top staple has a little discoloration. And the spot on the back cover, left side, middle, that looks like a tear is a crease.

Thanks again all

CA 104 frt.jpg

CA 104 bck.jpg

On 3/13/2022 at 2:36 PM, MrRoboto said:

I’m not sure if I am being redundant but you also have a subscription crease there runs in the middle of the book

I didn't catch that on the scan but you're right, there's a line plainly visible in the scan. I checked the book and couldn't see that line so I re-scanned. See below.

Edit: The scan of the back cover did the same thing but there is no line on the actual book. 

CA 104 frt 2.jpg

Edited by Crose87420

On 3/13/2022 at 12:43 PM, Crose87420 said:

I didn't catch that on the scan but you're right, there's a line plainly visible in the scan. I checked the book and couldn't see that line so I re-scanned. See below.

Edit: The scan of the back cover did the same thing but there is no line on the actual book. 

CA 104 frt 2.jpg

Makes sense. With that in mind I say 6.0-6.5

On 3/14/2022 at 10:41 AM, Funnybooks said:

6.0 as is

6.5 after C&P

Yup.

6.0 > C&P > 6.5

Cool book. I still have a copy that I got around age 10-11. It was one of my first SA purchases. It was probably $5 or mow the lawn and wash dishes for a week. Be nice to your brother.

Thanks for sharing.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:41 AM, Funnybooks said:

6.0 as is

6.5 after C&P

On 3/14/2022 at 8:22 PM, grendelbo said:

Yup.

6.0 > C&P > 6.5

Cool book. I still have a copy that I got around age 10-11. It was one of my first SA purchases. It was probably $5 or mow the lawn and wash dishes for a week. Be nice to your brother.

Thanks for sharing.

Agreed