• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No graders notes on a 9.6?
3 3

53 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2022 at 6:13 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If a defect isn’t visible through the slab, there should absolutely be a graders note about it.  

If the defects are visible? (shrug)

I didn’t see any.

On 3/16/2022 at 2:59 AM, Odda said:

I just received my Transformers 1 back from  CGC which graded as a 9.6 w/white pages. No graders notes were made available, which I am a little confused by. There was also a 9.4 and 9.2 in the same submission with no notes. Thoughts?

80C085F7-7B57-440D-AFCA-65A8E8393A35.jpeg

Good!  They can grade faster.

No one needs notes on a 9.6.

The usual 9.4 and up graders notes are: 

"stress lines"

Which from looking at your picture is actually what I see.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/16/2022 at 5:13 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If a defect isn’t visible through the slab, there should absolutely be a graders note about it.  

If the defects are visible? (shrug)

no :shy:

On 3/16/2022 at 9:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Good. It's a waste of time to include notes for most books in the 9.4+ range.

That's, like, your opinion, man.  Here's another one: on the contrary, 9.6 is the one grade that should always have notes.  (And, I actually have gotten a fair amount of notes on 9.6s.)  For one thing, 9.6 to 9.8 is usually, if not always, the highest dollar value jump.  Informationally, I don't care if a 9.2 or 9.4 has no notes--I should have been aware of the defects anyway.  But there are actually a lot of times where a 9.6 looks same (or better) than a 9.8, and it'd be really nice to see what, in CGC's opinion, prevented that book from being a 9.8.  

On 3/16/2022 at 10:26 PM, Poekaymon said:

That's, like, your opinion, man.  Here's another one: on the contrary, 9.6 is the one grade that should always have notes.  (And, I actually have gotten a fair amount of notes on 9.6s.)  For one thing, 9.6 to 9.8 is usually, if not always, the highest dollar value jump.  Informationally, I don't care if a 9.2 or 9.4 has no notes--I should have been aware of the defects anyway.  But there are actually a lot of times where a 9.6 looks same (or better) than a 9.8, and it'd be really nice to see what, in CGC's opinion, prevented that book from being a 9.8.  

stress lines

or

CGC grader wanted to head to lunch quicker.  :jokealert:

I started to put a sticky note on the 1st book of each of my CGC invoices saying this:

"Please refrain from inputting any CGC Grader notes on this invoice as they waste your time and my time. Thank you and enjoy grading books that actually make sense in a CGC Holder."

Spoiler

If you took that post seriously you make me happy you because its :jokealert:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/16/2022 at 10:30 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

:sumo:

You know there is nothing better than cracking a few :cheers: and posting my usual non-sense on the boards!

On 3/17/2022 at 1:34 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

You know there is nothing better than cracking a few :cheers: and posting my usual non-sense on the boards!

Use your evil dealer powers for good, and find me a perfectly centered  NM Hulk 162 :cheers:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 3/16/2022 at 10:36 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Use your evil dealer powers for good, and find me a perfectly centered  NM Hulk 162 :cheers:

I had a CGC 9.6 WP in late 2021. :sorry:

Edited by NewWorldOrder