• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DreamWorks' PUSS IN BOOTS THE LAST WISH starring Antonio Banderas (2022)

28 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2022 at 6:25 AM, Bosco685 said:

just saw this today with my kid. after seeing just how much it copies from into the spider-verse visually, i get the coded language referenced above. 

but i dont think mixing the look of 3d animation with the jerky, comic-book type stuff that spider-verse did so well works very well here. but expect more of it from sony and maybe from other companies too. 

I apparently just don't know what a "good movie" is anymore, lol.  I went to see this with my mom yesterday and thought it was realllly strange...almost acid-trip like (and not in a good way).  I also thought Megan and Top Gun were awful and I think these were pretty highly rated, no?

On 3/12/2023 at 11:43 AM, media_junkie said:

It is too bad this film didn't make more, it was really good.  I mean it was a kids film, but wow it went into alot of deep issues for adults to pick up on.

It is making more money due to the much lower production budget.

01_Puss_BO.thumb.PNG.707f2404f12ad4de8e78822984475c4b.PNG

The real box office disruptor was the International markets, in that there was a much lower response with yet another legacy sequel (11 years). But even with that, enough to drive the final revenue ratio to higher results.