• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much would you pay for a single page from a mega key?
4 4

49 posts in this topic

With silver age mega key prices getting away from most collectors, even for super low grade copies, would you pay for a single page certified by CGC? I mean AF15, X1, H1, FF1, JiM83, ToS39, etc. I've been thinking about it. I think it displays really nicely and it would be cool to at least have a part of comic I wish I could have. 

On 3/16/2022 at 6:19 AM, ComicFill said:

With silver age mega key prices getting away from most collectors, even for super low grade copies, would you pay for a single page certified by CGC? I mean AF15, X1, H1, FF1, JiM83, ToS39, etc. I've been thinking about it. I think it displays really nicely and it would be cool to at least have a part of comic I wish I could have. 

Great question for the boards. The most I've seen sold for a single page from the SA was 4k (AF 15 Splash) And for the record I think GA was 27k (Action 1 Splash).  Big fan of Single pages for the reason you mentioned above.  It's apiece of history !!

I don’t regard those silver age grails as “graily” enough. I’d go for the book.

A golden age book that is virtually untouchable like a Batman or Action 1 or Tec 27? Definitely would consider a page there.

As for the amount well the market tends to dictate that so not much I can do but follow and try to outbid if I wanted one ☝️ 

On 3/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I don’t regard those silver age grails as “graily” enough. I’d go for the book.

A golden age book that is virtually untouchable like a Batman or Action 1 or Tec 27? Definitely would consider a page there.

As for the amount well the market tends to dictate that so not much I can do but follow and try to outbid if I wanted one ☝️ 

Good for you. If you are in the financial position to get one that's awesome. But for a lot of people the chance to own an AF15 is gone forever and a lot of those other books are coming up fast. I have plenty of friends in their 30s that can't spend $10k on an X-men 1. By the time they might be able to that book will be twice as much. It's all about timing and where you are in life. For someone starting out in collecting in their teens or 20s those silver age grails are as far away as the golden age ones probably are for you.

I guess with how expensive silver grails are becoming, AF15 mainly, the next logical step was going to be single pages for those to. Never thought that would happen with silver, at least not for a while like how it’s been with golden age mega books. But at least with AF15 we’re already there.

On 3/17/2022 at 9:53 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I guess with how expensive silver grails are becoming, AF15 mainly, the next logical step was going to be single pages for those to. Never thought that would happen with silver, at least not for a while like how it’s been with golden age mega books. But at least with AF15 we’re already there.

With AF 15, yes, and the trickle down effect will happen (it already is) to the other major Marvel SA keys (JIM 83, TOS 39, ASM 1, etc).  I recently purchased a Hulk 1 page, which i wouldn't have purchased 6+ months ago.  It's a no-brainer.

On 3/17/2022 at 10:20 AM, zosocane said:

I recently purchased a Hulk 1 page

Was it certified / encapsulated? What page was it? Do you mind me asking what you paid for it? Trying to gauge where the market is. Sales have been pretty random and sporadic so far.