• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Modern Age Snob was wrong
1 1

43 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Your arrogance in ignorance is unmatched, I'll give you that.

I’d like to hear a rebuttal to what makes modern artists the best there has ever been. I’m not being snarky, I’d just like to hear the other side of the argument. I love the work of modern artists, I think their technical ability is amazing and I’m a huge fan of modern art page composition. But I’m no expert on the era.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I’d like to hear a rebuttal to what makes modern artists the best there has ever been. I’m not being snarky, I’d just like to hear the other side of the argument. I love the work of modern artists, I think their technical ability is amazing and I’m a huge fan of modern art page composition. But I’m no expert on the era.

I'm no expert either, but I believe that you are the one who mentioned the technological constraints of old artists, paper, and production. I would say that it's simply natural evolution of the medium, much like modern movie VFX vs those of the 20th century.

Just to be clear, I would not say that all Modern artists are better than those who worked exclusively prior to the 90's, but on-average it seems pretty clear to me that most are. They wouldn't be as good as they are without the great ones who paved the path.

On 9/7/2022 at 7:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's no surprise that the people who grew up with Black & White TV have no taste.

More like their tastes are two tone, haha get it… I know lame joke… :acclaim: