• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Iron Fist 1
3 3

12 posts in this topic

Just got this today. I can't wait to read it tonight!

Seller described it as...

Spoiler

FN

I have my own thoughts about it. Thanks for taking a look!

There is moisture damage on the top edge of the back cover. It's hard to see the extent of it even in the best light, but there's traces of light soiling through the top part of the "Look who's smiling" ad. MVS is intact.

20220316_142612.jpg

20220316_142617.jpg

20220316_142623.jpg

20220316_142629.jpg

20220316_142633.jpg

20220316_142643.jpg

20220316_142654.jpg

20220316_142715.jpg

20220316_142910.jpg

On 3/16/2022 at 2:15 PM, gadzukes said:

That moisture wrinkle looks light enough to be completely pressed out.

press to a 6.5 with an outside chance at a 7.0

Yeah my thoughts exactly .. nice colors. I can’t see the moisture damage did anything other than make a ripple. 6.5 long shot to 7.0 but maybe 

I actually think this is a 7.0 w/ an outside shot at 7.5. I think the multiple spine ticks are the only obvious flaw (albeit a lot of them) but what stands out for me is the color/gloss of the front cover. This thing pops! I always tend to feel that will bias a higher grade at the margin. I think its better than FN for sure

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I grade my own books pretty conservatively and stains/water damage harshly. I was thinking about a 5.5 as is.

Pressing the book will cost me $10 which is a third of what I paid for this copy. It's not going to be resold or professionally graded, but I think I will press it. I'm curious if the moisture damage can be fixed (and I think it can). Except for the moderate wear on the spine the book is structurally very sound. I'm thinking it'll be a strong 7.0/weak 7.5 after.

Edited by grendelbo

On 3/21/2022 at 11:43 AM, grendelbo said:

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I grade my own books pretty conservatively and stains/water damage harshly. I was thinking about a 5.5 as is.

Pressing the book will cost me $10 which is a third of what I paid for this copy. It's not going to be resold or professionally graded, but I think I will press it. I'm curious if the moisture damage can be fixed (and I think it can). Except for the moderate wear on the spine the book is structurally very sound. I'm thinking it'll be a strong 7.0/weak 7.5 after.

Just happen to look at this again to go over what I originally said. It has a few spine stress lines and that is about it. It’s square, flat and white .. the fold and waviness on the back cover ( which is very solid) can be smoothed out if you are so inclined, if not I still don’t think that’s a big hit