• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #71 1969
4 4

9 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man #71 1969. Everything seems to show up fairly well in the scans except maybe, off-white to white pages, a crease on the pic of Quiclsilver at 2 o'clock starting at his left shin where it breaks color and moves up to the title eventually fading out around the "M" in Spider-Man, another crease on the same Quicksilver that starts at his left thigh where it breaks color and then fades out around his rib-cage, some printer's creases above Spidey's head and again about 3" and 4" up the spine but starting about a 1/2" out and moving towards the books middle, and lastly that spine stress on the spine just above Quicksilver's arm extends to the right for an 1" and a 1/4".  

ASM 71 frt.jpg

ASM 71 bck.jpg

Edited by Crose87420

I will take a stab at it. I don't think it would grade much higher than a 5.0 as it is raw. CGC may call this a 6.0 judging from the last grading contest. Structurally it probably is a 6.0. But with all the wear on the front cover (loss of color) and the color breaking creases mentioned, the tanning on the back cover, I would not grade it above a 5.0. That being said it is a great example of a relatively early Romita Spider-Man. I'd be happy to have it in my collection. :cloud9: Thanks for sharing!