• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does a submitted comic for a private signing show up in submissions?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, Thedarkspider said:

Sent my comic for the chris claremont signing and cgc received it on the 14th. when can I see it showup in my submissions. Just a bit worried :).

it could take awhile, like weeks.

Just have faith that they want your money and they will do what it takes to earn your money.  So if your package is there before the cutoff and you labeled it properly, you should be good.  BTW "earning your money" may or may not include good communication, transparency, grading your comic in a timely manner, perfect quality control, not-damaging your comic, updating paperwork timely, or any other number of things, but rarely has the complaint been "I got my book to CGC in time for the signing and was ready to pay them for their advertised service, and CGC did not take the book out of and did not get it signed, and spent the time and effort and money to return it to me and they made no money on me."  They generally do perform their core services of getting sigs and grading the comics, even there are occasionally some variety of related complaints.

Honestly just forget about your book for 3-6 months and be pleasantly surprised when it comes back to you.

Of course you can always contact CGC customer service with your queries as well.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:58 AM, Thedarkspider said:

Uh oh. Don't they do it in order of arrival? Does that mean because it didn't appear for me im screwed?

I dont know, but honestly I wouldnt worry about it.  I've had submissions I know that went in before others on here that came back way after.  I dont think there's any hard fast expectations in that regard when it comes to CGC.