• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOM 185, Guess The CGC Grade

32 posts in this topic

Very minor spine creases. Bottom doesn't exactly look sharp enough to merit beyond 9.2. Now, I am not a pro-grader but when someone sells me a 9.4 and it is bronze age, I expect it to be nigh flawless. After that it is getting in esoteric criteria that I don't even want to approach.

Very minor spine creases. Bottom doesn't exactly look sharp enough to merit beyond 9.2. Now, I am not a pro-grader but when someone sells me a 9.4 and it is bronze age, I expect it to be nigh flawless. After that it is getting in esoteric criteria that I don't even want to approach.

If a 9.4 is flawless, what are the 9.6, 9.8, 9.9 and 10.0 grades for? confused.gif Check the OSGG, 9.4s can have 2 or 3 spine creases with color break.

Guess what? I am an ebay seller though most of what I sell is vertigo and mature DC before 86. I buy GA but if I were seller GA, I wouldn't be overgrading. See the "Lets grade some GA I am sick of moderns and common silver" thread. I pretty much rip a GA comic I own on that one.

I will tell you this, you picked the right books to own, in any grade. I have a great fondness of House of Mystery, House of Secret comics.