• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this what poor centering is considered?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2022 at 11:14 PM, D2 said:

I always thought that perfect centering was referring to the cut of the book…

(shrug)

not centred in the case? Is that what all the hoopla is all about? Is if the book is perfectly centred in the case from CGC?

Yes, it is. At least historically, this has been the case. I didn't realize that how the book was "centered" in the slab was even a concern. I mean, I guess if it was WAAAAAY off it might bug me, but otherwise, meh. The slab is there to protect the book. As long as it's doing that, I don't care much about the case.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:02 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Tap the case on the right side & move the book over 

Tapping it like that (for example holding the slab sideways and dropping it lightly against a table) may work to correct pre existing page separation, but attempting that in his case might actually cause page separation. I've tried it once against my better judgement with a book that was positioned too high in the slab without any results. Its just one of those things cgc can hopefully correct! It usually happens with the slabs that have the "side clip" on the back of the slab as I think your IH180 has.

Edited by MGsimba77