• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Grade Is In! - PGM New Mutants #98
4 4

15 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

Are those scuff marks on the edges ?

There are no scuff marks on the edges. Upper right corner is not bent. It is reflection from the light.

On 3/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, MrRoboto said:

On the top left, are there any creases or slight bends? Otherwise 9.2-9.4 as is

No creases or bends. I apologize for the bad lighting.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:33 PM, Februus said:

Looks really good 9.2 or better … be advised they will nit pick this for any little thing.. just my opinion … they’re not gonna hand you a 9.8 gonna have to earn it.

Thanks. I don’t chase 9.8s. I would be happy with a 9.4 or 9.6.

On 12/23/2022 at 11:44 AM, Odda said:

no notes provided

I've had two 9.0s come back with no notes recently, and I agree it would at least be nice to know if anything you ID is the reason. Based on post-CGCing, I find many 9.4/9.6/9.8s to be more or less interchangeable. It looks great! Can't wait for my copy to come home.

On 12/23/2022 at 2:12 PM, scburdet said:

I've had two 9.0s come back with no notes recently, and I agree it would at least be nice to know if anything you ID is the reason. Based on post-CGCing, I find many 9.4/9.6/9.8s to be more or less interchangeable. It looks great! Can't wait for my copy to come home.

I think 50% of the time 9.6 and 9,8 are interchangeable. About 5-10% of 9.8's you could argue a 9.4 got a generous grading, and about 5-10% of 9.4 got a harsh grading and could've gotten a 9.8 on another submission. Grading is so subjective even using cgc guidelines.