• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with a page and a Byrne FF 274 question, but also a tribute to my friend Bruce who has ALS
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 1:33 PM, wardevil0 said:

Interestingly, I bought this page in the most recent Heritage auction.  The buyer's premium totaled almost twice the final bid...  It's hard to tell what pages like this will sell for, but I definitely would have paid the seller more than they're going to get from Heritage.  At least this page will soon be reunited with my page 23!

yeah, it was a crapshoot. The true seller died before seeing this result, which is good. (He enjoyed the gallows humor.) I imagine he was local to the artist when he bought it. $15 to his family, w00t w00t!

Glad you'll enjoy it, and I KNOW my friend Bruce would be glad as well. He would say something like "I can't use the money anymore, so good for him."

Bid on the Skottie cover coming up if you feel guilty. :baiting:The Reed/Doom one.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:41 PM, Bird said:

yeah, it was a crapshoot. The true seller died before seeing this result, which is good. (He enjoyed the gallows humor.) I imagine he was local to the artist when he bought it. $15 to his family, w00t w00t!

Glad you'll enjoy it, and I KNOW my friend Bruce would be glad as well. He would say something like "I can't use the money anymore, so good for him."

Bid on the Skottie cover coming up if you feel guilty. :baiting:The Reed/Doom one.

I'm sorry to hear that Bruce has passed on, but it's what I inferred when I saw the listing on Heritage.  This page is definitely going to a good home, and will be incorporated into one of the largest Ninja High School collections around.  

The Skottie cover will probably go well beyond my reach, but I'll be sure to throw in on it!

On 8/9/2022 at 1:51 PM, wardevil0 said:

I'm sorry to hear that Bruce has passed on, but it's what I inferred when I saw the listing on Heritage.  This page is definitely going to a good home, and will be incorporated into one of the largest Ninja High School collections around.  

The Skottie cover will probably go well beyond my reach, but I'll be sure to throw in on it!

Thank you for the kind words. Bruce knows of them, I am sure.