• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TO MANY FREEKING ADS IN COMICS

17 posts in this topic

I picked up ultimate secret 4 today and I swear there was an ad every other page it seems.

I think there was only one double page spread in the entire books.

Is this a shape of things to come?

If you like your comics the price they are today you have to put up with the adverts crazy.gif

Man, if Modern comics at nosebleed prices are STILL full of ads, then I say it's high time for you to find new reading material.

And you'd think with the "insanely high paper costs" that Marvel would be cutting down on ads to save money. 27_laughing.gif

There have ALWAYS been lots of ads in comic books. gossip.gif

Not in the golden age. 64 pages in all color for a dime, without ads (except for the publisher's ads for other issues coming out, maybe 2-3 per book at best). I have 64 pagers that are ad free from the early 40's...

I heard Joey Q apologized on behalf of Marvel on the Newsarama website (he does a weekly Q&A there) for the Marvel ad guys going a little bit crazy this past month. I guess no one was too happy with the pg 2-3 Honda ad! foreheadslap.gif

I picked up ultimate secret 4 today and I swear there was an ad every other page it seems.

I think there was only one double page spread in the entire books.

Is this a shape of things to come?

it has been like this for some years now...great time to read silver/bronze (neat ads, sopabox, letter and editorial columns, etc... extra reading material 27_laughing.gif)!!!

the problem is that these ads and their position on the story really can cut some fun/enjoyement on the reading... 893censored-thumb.gif

Comics should start doing the Wayne's World method of advertising. Have the characters in the story using the products to be advertised. Have them walk by an ad for coke or have a car in the background. At least it would get rid of some of those crappy double splash ads.

The only type of ad that pizzes me off, are the ones that

are printed on riddiculiously heavy stock right in the middle of the book.

I'd rip it out, but you never know when a book is more valuable with that craap

left in. Like the tatooz in ASM # 238!

tongue.gif

I heard Joey Q apologized on behalf of Marvel on the Newsarama website (he does a weekly Q&A there) for the Marvel ad guys going a little bit crazy this past month. I guess no one was too happy with the pg 2-3 Honda ad! foreheadslap.gif

I have taken an incredible notice of the ads in the last month or two....for the ridiculous prices they're charging for the books, you'd think they could damn near eliminate the ads!!!!!!

I have taken an incredible notice of the ads in the last month or two....for the ridiculous prices they're charging for the books, you'd think they could damn near eliminate the ads!!!!!!

OR, you'd think they could lower the price of their comics, since a substantial percentage of the costs must be covered by advertising dollars. (I know, we can dream, right?)