• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a Section Here For Trading/Partial Trades?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, I'll just give an example - Lets say I have a GSX 1 9.2 OW/W and wanted to trade with someone for a 9.0 White, with or without cash involved.

In what section if any would this be permitted to post? I have a few 9.2 ow/w keys I would like to possibly trade for 9.0 Whites. In most cases selling a 9.2 to buy a 9.0 would actually cost money after fees from the auction sites.

Thank you

• Administrator

You can do this in the selling. section of the boards.  In this case, GSB.

11.  If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you will accept in trade value, and you must put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

On 3/21/2022 at 8:50 PM, Professor K said:

I have a GSX 1 9.2 OW/W and wanted to trade with someone for a 9.0 White, with or without cash involved.

So you think the W instead of the OW/W is worth the grade drop? You prefer whole numbers? Or you have other 9.0s and you want the grades to match?

On 3/23/2022 at 3:27 AM, ComicFill said:

So you think the W instead of the OW/W is worth the grade drop? You prefer whole numbers? Or you have other 9.0s and you want the grades to match?

All my BIG BRONZE KEYS (1970 to 76) are 9.0 or 9.2 Whites, so yeah it's that. There is a word for my affliction, just can't think of it. 

Edited by Professor K

On 3/23/2022 at 1:23 PM, Professor K said:

All my BIG BRONZE KEYS (1970 to 76) are 9.0 or 9.2 Whites, so yeah it's that. There is a word for my affliction, just can't think of it. 

I feel you. All my runs have matching grades. I've straight traded a 9.8 for a 9.6 before because all my other books were 9.6. 

On 3/23/2022 at 10:17 PM, ComicFill said:

I feel you. All my runs have matching grades. I've straight traded a 9.8 for a 9.6 before because all my other books were 9.6. 

Well that's extreme. Probably the one downgrade I wouldn't do. Then again sometimes its just not worth selling. Depends on the price gap right.

I have 4 books, all good money books, that I would like to downgrade one grade in a swap depending on the appearance of the other book. Some with a small amount of cash involved. Just so hard to do. I'm thinking maybe at some of the bigger shows I could do it. Then again I hate dealing with a lot of those guys. 

On 3/23/2022 at 4:58 PM, Professor K said:

Well that's extreme. Probably the one downgrade I wouldn't do. Then again sometimes its just not worth selling. Depends on the price gap right.

I have 4 books, all good money books, that I would like to downgrade one grade in a swap depending on the appearance of the other book. Some with a small amount of cash involved. Just so hard to do. I'm thinking maybe at some of the bigger shows I could do it. Then again I hate dealing with a lot of those guys. 

Oh I wouldn't do it on a high value item. I mean like i have a run of all Jim Lee's covers on X-men. I had 14 9.6s and one 9.8. I did a straight trade with a buddy. Difference between a $35 book and $50 book probably.