• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping large qty of books

10 posts in this topic

Newbie question

What is the best method to ship a large amount (100+) books. I want to sell my Ultimate Spiderman 1-133 set but I have no idea how to ship them securely and at the lowest cost. Should I split them into 2 large packages and ship them in a large box side by side?

I've heard that people have shipped large numbers in short boxes and in long boxes.  They do seem sturdy enough, the question for me would be in getting protection on the sides of the books and the bottom and top where there should be more room.  I can see otherwise you might have to get an oversize regular cardboard box.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, The_Endless said:

Newbie question

What is the best method to ship a large amount (100+) books. I want to sell my Ultimate Spiderman 1-133 set but I have no idea how to ship them securely and at the lowest cost. Should I split them into 2 large packages and ship them in a large box side by side?

I've received shipments of 100+ books before - they came in short boxes packed with newspaper and the short box was in another box packed with more newspaper and bubble wrap. The biggest considerations (other than weight and cost) is that you pack the books well enough that they don't shift or move at all, and in that you ship in boxes sturdy enough to survive crushing, both of which could damage the books.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

I think it can depend on the condition.

IFFFF the condition is not important for whatever reason, you can load them in two medium flat rate priority boxes (no bags and no boards).  That'll be about $30 total, assuming you're shipping in the US (obviously, the farther you're shipping within the US the better a value that is).  

I recently had 135 CREEPY magazines shipped to me, and they're even larger than regular comics.

He had them divided into four "bundles" of 33-34 magazines each, bagged and boarded, wrapped in paper, and packed with bubble wrap and peanuts into 4 flat rate post office boxes.  Then all 4 boxes were packed into a larger box with packing peanuts all around.  The total weight was 53 lbs, and I paid about $45 for FedEx shipping.