• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you guys changing CGC Label?

7 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2022 at 11:08 PM, CamelJR said:

I'm curious about this too. CSG removed the Pristine 10 tier and all Gem Mint 9.5 cards will become Gem Mint 10. What's the chance CGC will follow this grading scale change?

Probably will never happen, they'd have to get rid of the 9.9 which I don't see happening. If it did, I see all 9.9's becoming 9.8s.  

On 3/25/2022 at 11:08 PM, CamelJR said:

I'm curious about this too. CSG removed the Pristine 10 tier and all Gem Mint 9.5 cards will become Gem Mint 10. What's the chance CGC will follow this grading scale change?

Yea and I think its kind've too late too, cuz what the hell does everyone do with their previous graded pristine stuff and 9.5's. Very messy

We now created situation where people who actually got hard to grade Pristine cards devalued. I think for PERFECT all subs 10 should be consider black label Pristine & should get grade "100" like the score of our test at school. This will keep the Pristine grade alive & CSG can continue improve their label that feel more Pristine than current label style.