• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Vampirella 2 (British edition)
3 3

12 posts in this topic

In today. I didn't even want it until last week when I saw a copy posted. This sort of find makes collecting still fun. I have a modest budget and I usually collect off a small wishlist. But then something pops up.

There is a stain on the top edge of the back cover. It's permeates through to the last two wraps. There is also a nasty stain elsewhere in the interior of the book. It pervades through a couple of pages.

Thanks for your opinions and I'll tell you what the seller called it later.

20220326_132821 (1).jpg

20220326_132828.jpg

20220326_132833.jpg

20220326_132840.jpg

20220326_132846.jpg

20220326_132910.jpg

20220326_132921.jpg

20220326_132935.jpg

20220326_133108.jpg

On 3/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, Galen130 said:

Stains, plus the light color-breaking crease on the FC…5.5. (thumbsu

On 3/29/2022 at 6:08 PM, Funnybooks said:

I'll lean 5.0 ... that spine is too jacked up but i confess to having an unhealthy obsession with spines..clouds my judgement

Scared Little Girl GIF

Thanks, gentlemen.

(FRONT COVER) - Edge wear, blunted corners w/color break on left side corners, moderate spine stress w/color break, long crease w/color break on outer edge, crease w/color break on right lower edge, (REAR COVER) - water stain at top, all 4 corners blunted w/color break, moderate to severe spine stress, numerous spots of color rub, the staining on the interior pages appears to be some sort of petroleum product, grease?

I am on the fence about the grade due to the amount of spine stress, I tend to grade on the side of caution and go with the lower grade if I am unsure, if it were my book I would assign a grade of VG+ 4.5, how would CGC view this?

5.0 VERY GOOD/FINE (VG/FN):  Back to Top
An above-average but well used comic book. An accumulation of bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor to moderate cover wear apparent, with minor to moderate creases and/or dimples. Inks have moderate to low reflectivity. Blunted corners are increasingly common, as is minor to moderate staining, discoloration, and/or foxing. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. A minor to moderate spine roll is allowed. A spine split of up to 1/2" may be present. Staples may show minor discoloration. Minor staple tears and minor stress lines may also be present, as well as minor rust migration. Paper is tan to brown with no signs of brittleness. Centerfold may be loose. Minor interior tears may also be present.

4.5 VERY GOOD+ (VG):  Back to Top
Fits the criteria for Very Good but with an additional virtue or small accumulation of virtues that improves the book's appearance by a perceptible amount.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:16 AM, marvelmaniac said:

(FRONT COVER) - Edge wear, blunted corners w/color break on left side corners, moderate spine stress w/color break, long crease w/color break on outer edge, crease w/color break on right lower edge, (REAR COVER) - water stain at top, all 4 corners blunted w/color break, moderate to severe spine stress, numerous spots of color rub, the staining on the interior pages appears to be some sort of petroleum product, grease?

I am on the fence about the grade due to the amount of spine stress, I tend to grade on the side of caution and go with the lower grade if I am unsure, if it were my book I would assign a grade of VG+ 4.5, how would CGC view this?

Very accurate description of the comic. Better than I could do and I have the book in hand. :golfclap:

In my eyes the spine, which is sturdy but heavily rubbed, knocks the book to the VG/FN range. The other front cover flaws or more or less acceptable in this range.

I'll knock a bit more for the water damage on the back cover and the interior stains should be acceptable in the VG grade.

The seller has a sticker on the back of the bag calling it VG (4.0) and listed it as a 4.5 (VG+). I think he was pretty accurate.

I bought this issue for the beautiful cover which luckily still presents really well.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback.