• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another One?

21 posts in this topic

The hammer and Lokis hand are pretty close to my copy,but mine has a space between the top of Thors helmet in the logo space.

Its definetly cut different than mine but I have no idea if its a factory difference or a trim job.

It matters if CGC missed the trimming,doesn't it?

On a 2.0? No, not really. If I had a 2.0 with some soiling and used a wet cotton swab to clean off the soiling, do you think that CGC would catch it and label it with the PLOD? Doubtful. On low, low grade books it just doesn't make a difference as a practical matter. Even with a PLOD those low grade books sell for about the same as their unrestored counterparts.

Also, there is no indication that the book is trimmed, so it's a moot point anyway.

Doesn't this book look extremely trimmed on the right side? My Avengers #1 has quite a bit more of Thor's Hammer motion and Loki's right hand.

Avengers #1 CGC 2.0 on E-bay

Thats my book, I submitted it myself. I owned it for a long while before that raw, and no, its NOT trimmed.

You might want to use smaller size files for the thumbnails.

After 10 mins only one and a half of the three pics loaded for me on the auction page.

If you don't shrink the thumbnails you sort of defeat the purpose of them.

crazy.gif

Doesn't this book look extremely trimmed on the right side? My Avengers #1 has quite a bit more of Thor's Hammer motion and Loki's right hand.

Thats my book, I submitted it myself. I owned it for a long while before that raw, and no, its NOT trimmed.

After 10 mins only one and a half of the there pics loaded for me on the auction page.

crazy.gif

High-speed or dial-up?

Trimmer. poke2.gif

lol

I think I'm just having a bad day Pete. tonofbricks.gif

Just call me Ewerk....I mean Erik. 27_laughing.gif

After 10 mins only one and a half of the there pics loaded for me on the auction page.

crazy.gif

High-speed or dial-up?

I still am stuck on dial-up.

They still don't have DSL in my area. frustrated.gif

Hey, his location is listed as "The Poor House". That should have tipped you off. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

We just got colored television last year! hail.gif

crazy.gif

High-speed or dial-up?

I still am stuck on dial-up.

They still don't have DSL in my area. frustrated.gif

Apparently, you must live in the boonies. insane.gifpoke2.gif

Maybe it's production related. My Avengers #1 has a full additional 1/4" on the right hand side compared to that book.

To the point that it doesn't matter because it's a 2.0, that's ridiculous. At what grade do they stop "caring" if it's trimmed? And even if that's determinable, what is the point of a restored grade?

The only reason I brought it up is that I had assumed that the Ewert situation was relative to only high grade books (not that I'm labeling this as related to that). In other words, many things are possibly slipping by CGC. The only reason I'm even into professionally graded books is for the restoration check they perform. Once that illusion is lifted, what's the point of a CGC book (other than profit)?

Pat