• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Oscars predictions
2 2

114 posts in this topic

Except for last year, I'm not sure I ever missed an Academy Awards show, usually I watch with friends but not having parties right now..so this time I watched the first 10 minutes and we decided to watch KING RICHARD instead...in case Smith won the Oscar...because we had not seen it yet and my husband could live without the awards show.

So...we watched the movie and my husband went back to get some work done and I turned the Academy show on...only to see Will Smith's name called...he walks up and starts sniffling and crying...and my immediate reaction was...they really need to do drug testing not just covid testing...because why would he be crying? Then I saw a headline on my phone.

I watched the Japanese version.

It was not a kind joke, but jokes seldom are kind. If we hit everyone who says something unkind...where are we going to be? Do we outlaw comedians? Personally I avoid comedy shows for the most part, but that's my thing...I still think Mr. Smith might have been  on something, if not, he needs some serious anger management work.

Oh and my husband missed the whole thing;) 

On 3/28/2022 at 9:08 AM, D84 said:

Serious question: has this changed anyone's opinion on Will Smith?

Nah. I've always considered him an incredible actor, and always known him to have a complicated life. Unless he personally shows up to slap me in my own face, I'll still watch his movies.