• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copycats!

8 posts in this topic

THE 198 #1

COVER BY: JUAN DOE

WRITER: DAVID HINE

PENCILS: JIM MUNIZ

INKS: KEVIN CONRAD

LETTERED BY: VC - RANDY GENTILE

THE STORY: The unthinkable has happened in the Marvel Universe! In the wake of House of M, in the blink of an eye, the whole world has changed! In this new world order, Xavier’s School becomes a haven for those that are different. But has this former sanctuary become the one place most dangerous for mutants?

32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

Well... 52 is the working title for this DC weekly, not necessarily the final title. We won't know what that is until it shows up in Previews in a couple of months. It could be the DCU: THE LOST YEAR or something like that... plus 52 is also the number of issues in that series that will be published, and involves a large number of creators.

As for the other, lest we forget the dog that's really wagging this tail is X-MEN: THE 198. I think it refers to the 198 surviving mutants who have clustered around Xavier's School. And it is only a 5 issue mini-series.

Well... 52 is the working title for this DC weekly, not necessarily the final title. We won't know what that is until it shows up in Previews in a couple of months. It could be the DCU: THE LOST YEAR or something like that... plus 52 is also the number of issues in that series that will be published, and involves a large number of creators.

As for the other, lest we forget the dog that's really wagging this tail is X-MEN: THE 198. I think it refers to the 198 surviving mutants who have clustered around Xavier's School. And it is only a 5 issue mini-series.

This might actually give me the impetus to collect more Marvel. I am almost exclusively DC right now. House of M has been a very good read. Thanks for the information.

Well, as most people know, I've been steering clear of buying Marvel's House of M and just reviewing the issues on the rack when it comes out.

The secret of House of M was out there before the issues were even published, and the fact that it took 7 issues of characters mostly talking for something interesting to actually happen (and what happened was the big secret) really bothers me. To a Bendis fan, I realize that is his style (and I do like his style on Ultimate Spider-Man, Alias, Powers, etc.) but I think it's not suited for this kind of event book where things have to move faster than a snail's pace.

That, and the tie-ins to the regular books were disruptive and most were so bad that they made me further turn away from Marvel (not that Marvel did anything with their other non-tie-in books that made me want to stay... or come back). Maybe, once all of the dust clears, I will sit down with the collected edition of HoM and see if it reads better in a single edition.

Until then, when it comes to actual comic books I'm happy with the must-read fanboy delights that DC is offering these days and getting the occasional Marvel comic book offering (like Defenders... I'm loving that title) and getting the few Marvel titles that I do like to read (such as Captain America, Daredevil, New Avengers, Ultimate Spidey, Ultimate FF) in collected editions... the format they are being designed and written for.

By the way, and your screen name reminded me, that Ares title Marvel has coming out in January looks cool. Oeming rocks thumbsup2.gif

I saw that as well. I plan on buying a Few copies and slab them