• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGA Marvel Premiere #15 (Enter.. Iron Fist)
3 3

10 posts in this topic

PGA my Iron Fist here... in addition to obvious chipping issue there's some creasing in top right and bottom right, and also a water stains on both the front (bottom left and bottom right) and the back. Much easier to spot back. Interior pages are actually mostly ok. I know staining tanks the grades I just don't know how bad the damage is gonna be.

marvelpremiere-15-front.thumb.png.61ee861d5762ee893996a726e228fdbd.png

marvelpremiere-15-back.png.60d637f5b6a1a2e4e1ccd50a2f13a01e.png

Seems like people shy away from grading water stains, because opinions on their severity are all over the board.

Most of the guides I read suggest that if you don't have to look hard to see a water stain, it's probably not going to do better than a "VG" rating, if that.

The water stain is clearly the worst defect of this book, and will drive the grade it receives.

Stains like many other defects are a subjective part. Where they are, how big, how noticeable, how much other damage is caused... regardless they are a determining factor. It looks like the bottom has some water damage that goes front to back .. with the other stuff 4.0 may be the most you can hope for here