• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

42 posts in this topic

Geez, chill out dude. If the hobby (or business if that's how you see it) is so upsetting to you, then just walk away and get out of it.

Isn't this just like saying "If you don't like it, get out" to people that disagree with administration policy? Is it really fair?

There is a growing discontentment in the hobby -- especially among average "Joe Collectors." These people feel that the hobby they have grown to love has been hijacked by big money and cronyism... and their voice means less and less with every dictate from on high, that is, Sarasota.

Many are unhappy with the feeling that a cartel of dealers and a grading company that the vast majority of collectors couldn't care less about are suddenly "in charge" and "making the rules."

Are they really wrong?

Geez, chill out dude. If the hobby (or business if that's how you see it) is so upsetting to you, then just walk away and get out of it.

Isn't this just like saying "If you don't like it, get out" to people that disagree with administration policy? Is it really fair?

There is a growing discontentment in the hobby -- especially among average "Joe Collectors." These people feel that the hobby they have grown to love has been hijacked by big money and cronyism... and their voice means less and less with every dictate from on high, that is, Sarasota.

Many are unhappy with the feeling that a cartel of dealers and a grading company that the vast majority of collectors couldn't care less about are suddenly "in charge" and "making the rules."

Are they really wrong?

Nobody is wrong here. But who is it that big money and BSDs cater to? All of us "average Joes". Together our voice is the only one that counts. So take your vote and do with it as you choose. If all us average collectors stop spending our money, things will change. But how likely is it that we little guys (that adds up to the biggest money collectively) are going to stop buying as usual? Not likely other than a blip here and there. That is why I say, if you don't like it, get out. If enough people do, things will change, if not, then not. I just don't like complaining or complainers. I can deal with it from women, but from men it is just annoying as hell. Actively changing your habits will get things done. Just talking about it absolutely will not.

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!'

I see that clip pretty often, but usually it goes something like:

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell: "LETS GO CAPS, LETS GO CAPS, LETS GO CAPS!"

Usually gets the crowd going pretty good.

Just don't collect slabs, then. Stick to the raw stuff and all this nonsense will be irrelevant.

CGC is only "in charge" and "making the rules" regarding their own product. They have no effect on the average Joe collector so far as I can tell. By average Joe collector, I mean the guy/gal who goes to his LCS once a week to buy new books, trades, etc....but does not engage in high-dollar slabs.

I really don't get all the angst among comic fans/readers/whatever who don't collect or trade in slabs. Why is any of this a big deal to you guys?

Just don't collect slabs, then. Stick to the raw stuff and all this nonsense will be irrelevant.

CGC is only "in charge" and "making the rules" regarding their own product. They have no effect on the average Joe collector so far as I can tell. By average Joe collector, I mean the guy/gal who goes to his LCS once a week to buy new books, trades, etc....but does not engage in high-dollar slabs.

I really don't get all the angst among comic fans/readers/whatever who don't collect or trade in slabs. Why is any of this a big deal to you guys?

gossip.gif Some people just like getting involved in the drama. Happens all the time around here. It's a circus around these parts at times. That's why I have been spending less and less time here. It gets old.

Hey, if this thread is so upsetting to you, then just walk away and get out of it. Seriously, vote with your feet and threads like this will just die out.

Jesus, I cannot stand complainers and whiners - maybe from women, but men - sheesh!!

Life is like a mop. Sometimes life gets full of dirt and crud and hairballs and things and you gotta clean it out. You gotta stick it in here and rinse it off and start all over again. And sometimes life sticks to the floor so much that a mop, a mop, it's not good enough. You gotta get down there with like a toothbrush, you know, and you gotta really scrub 'cause you gotta get it off. But if that doesn't work, you can't give up. You gotta stand right up. You gotta run to a window and say, "These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more."

stanley8.jpg

Sorry I missed this thread today. 27_laughing.gif

My favorite line in the movie was when the Japanese guys jump out of the supply closet and yell "SUPPLIES!"

And then there's the wheel of fish.

uhf_randomlyrandom-itsthewheeloffish.jpg

Life is like a mop. Sometimes life gets full of dirt and crud and hairballs and things and you gotta clean it out. You gotta stick it in here and rinse it off and start all over again. And sometimes life sticks to the floor so much that a mop, a mop, it's not good enough. You gotta get down there with like a toothbrush, you know, and you gotta really scrub 'cause you gotta get it off. But if that doesn't work, you can't give up. You gotta stand right up. You gotta run to a window and say, "These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more."

stanley8.jpg

Sorry I missed this thread today. 27_laughing.gif

My favorite line in the movie was when the Japanese guys jump out of the supply closet and yell "SUPPLIES!"

And then there's the wheel of fish.

uhf_randomlyrandom-itsthewheeloffish.jpg

It's an underrated movie, and one of my favorites from when I was a kid. The commercials for Ghandi II and Conan the Librarian are two of the best moments.

conanthelibrarian.jpg

"George, you know I was wondering, like if you were traveling through outer space, I mean like you're going real fast, like the speed of light, you know... hoooohhhhh... and all of a sudden you started screaming... aaaahhhhh aaaaahhhhh... Do you think your brain would blow up?"

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!'

Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the new CGC labels, and the trimming and the rampant pressing. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

No reason to get mad...just see the current slab market for what it is. A bunch of insiders attempting to manipulate the market to their own ends. You like being sheep? Call CGC and say "Baaaa". Because that is what they see when you follow their stupid, recent, nonsense.

I thought comic collectors were more intelligent than the normal guy on the street, Guess I'm finding I was wrong...and most of these guys are spending serious bucks on a train ride destined for the fallen bridge... screwy.gif

Jim

Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the new CGC labels, and the trimming and the rampant pressing. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

yawn

Don't be too hard on him KK...there is always a transition period so I'm told, when one is taken off Mogadon and switched to Prozac screwy.gif.

I thought this post surprisingly Cavalier & upbeat insane.gif for Marvin the Paranoid Android aka JC

An excellent plan with just 2 minor drawbacks...

1. I am not Ed Gein's illegitimate offspring....

and

2. I go out occasionally, and therefore have friends

Keep going tho'...at this rate you'll be where the rest of us are in another 12000 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif posts. thumbsup2.gif