• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best ASM villian in the last 20 years???

55 posts in this topic

But see, that's the problem, I think Venom was great to start with. The perfect "Anti-Spider-man" character. Knew his real identity, didn't trip his spider-sense, and could disguise himself and stalker Peter anywhere. But then, boom, it was Venom overload! Venom was everwhere! Fighting everyone! Heck, he even fought Darkhawk! (remember him?) Then there was Carnage and he was cool, but then boom he was everwhere as well. And for a psychotic killer he never killed anyone in the books! Now Hobogoblin was cool cause he was a thinker. He messed with Peter and he messed with Harry Osborn and even the Kingpin. And he wasn't used too much so when he did show up in a book you knew something important and cool would happen. And who knew when Spider-man versus Wolverine came out that it would have such an impact?!

Venom because other than carnage who else has there really been?

Slyde

Styx and Stone 27_laughing.gif

Good one, but Styx and Stone were cool compared to Knight and Fogg

That whole virtual reality stuff with "Stunner" was [embarrassing lack of self control] as well.

My favorite has always been the first Hobgoblin. When he was done initially he was one of the smartest and most devious villians Spidey faced. And there was the fact that Mary Jane and others new him in his civilian identity but you never got to see who he was. It was great when they revealed that Ned Leeds was the Hobgoblin and it was a pretty awesome story as to why he was. Later, Marvel said that the original writer that created Hobgoblin wanted him to be a different character, a guy by the last name Owlsey I belive, a fashion mogul. Yeah, those fashion guys are real scary! Well, he left before the storyline was done and apparently they didn't know what direction he was going so they changed it to Ned Leeds which was a great move. I agree Venom was great initially, but then they just watered him down with the over exposure. The same with Carnage. Can anyone say, Maximum Carnage Crossover?! lol. It was so lame! None of the newest villians so far can hang. They are pretty much throw away characters.

Check this site out, it agrees with me. I still have to reread that arc though.

Hobby

Click on the history.

The Rose...Fabulous Frog-Man II, White Rabbit, Slug, really sad Blob, The Answer,

Ohh, wait, I have a serious one...not really best villain, but one of the best stories...Sin-Eater and the death of Jean DeWolff......Man, that was a good one...

My vote goes to J.Jonah Jameson...why?

Altho' not technically a villian, he has consistently over the years caused Spidey more psychological grief screwy.gifthan all the Villians put together.

Incidentally my vote for worst, most boring lame-O villians goes to the Enforcers. thumbsup2.gif

Altho' not technically a villian, he has consistently over the years caused Spidey more psychological grief screwy.gifthan all the Villians put together.

More than Norman Osborn, who killed Pete's girlfriend right in front of him? And killed his "brother" right in front of him? And drove him to maddness making him think he was a clone? And abducting his Aunt May and replacing her with a dying actress? And kidnapping his baby girl at birth and making him think she was stillborn? And giving his best friend permanent brain damage and turning him into a vegatable? And deflowering his girlfriend and turning the resulting kids out to kil him? And abducting his Aunt a second time and burying her alive for a month?

More than Norman Osborn, who killed Pete's girlfriend right in front of him? And killed his "brother" right in front of him? And drove him to maddness making him think he was a clone? And abducting his Aunt May and replacing her with a dying actress? And kidnapping his baby girl at birth and making him think she was stillborn? And giving his best friend permanent brain damage and turning him into a vegatable? And deflowering his girlfriend and turning the resulting kids out to kil him? And abducting his Aunt a second time and burying her alive for a month?

Yes indeed Brad, Ha! 27_laughing.gif...I laugh in the face of Osborn 27_laughing.gif :...now then Journos..they are scum! makepoint.gif