• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best ASM villian in the last 20 years???

55 posts in this topic

Venom, cause all the others stink, and Venom, at least initially, did not.

I agree. Issues #300, #315-#317 were great. After that he was just used and abused (especially after he supposedly became a good guy). I was actually intrigued by Kaine early on as well, until the whole clone saga went downhill. Since I haven't read any new comics since the late 90's, does he still make appearances?

I'd have to go with Venom....intially a really cool character...

Ever Read the Graphic Novel Avengers:Deathtrap The Vault?? good stuff....good Venom story...

can't even think of any others that lasted.......

Of villains created in the last 20 years or any villain appearing in the last 20 years?

If it's the former, I'd probably go with Carnage I guess, just for his sheer psychosis.

If it's the latter, I pick Kraven the Hunter. Pre rifle-to-the-face, of course.

Hobby was 1983 or 84?. 238 was the first spidey book I bought off the stands. Where the hell has Hobby been anyway? Figured he would have appeared about 5-10 times since last appearance showing him on the beach somewhere.

I always liked that Chance guy, thought they could have done a little better job with him, yes I know that's cheesy.

Best villian though would be Venom, but I missed issues 360-430. But I've heard I didn't miss much.

hasn't hobgoblin been 2 or 3 different people, too, since it [wasn't] Ned Leeds..??

I need to go back read that stuff again. I always thought it was Kingsley (MJ's old boss) and that Leeds was just set up. But I've had more than 1 person argue that it was Leeds. To tell you the truth I'm confused now and its been way too long since I read it. Maybe Kingsley took over after Leeds death in 289? I remember that Jack'o'Lantern tool taking over for a little while too. But for some reason I remember the Hobgoblin being involved in some of the last issues of Spec Spiderman and that storyline ending with Kingsley on the beach in "retirement". Could be wrong though.