• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question resolved. Thank you

9 posts in this topic

I sent some books to Comiclink back in February for the April 14th auction.  The books have been in the auction preview for about a month now, but there the books have no description. They are not super expensive books, but I see other books that are worth less that have descriptions.  I see some books that say "2nd highest graded".  One of the books I sent in is tied for highest graded, but it is not noted.

I sent an email last week asking if they were going to put a description for the books, but I have not received a reply.

Was I supposed to type up a description and send it to them when I sent the books?  I appreciate any input.  

Edited by kagemusha7s
Problem solved

I will sometimes put in descriptions on my submissions.  But pretty much they are ignored.  Some they will note as "newsstand" some they don't.  I just checked mine for April and they have descriptions in mine.  Some are missing pictures, but I did send them in late.  They did seem to find one that has a crack in the slab and it is being sold as is.  :tonofbricks:  

Good luck with your sales. 

On 4/5/2022 at 7:38 PM, kagemusha7s said:

I sent some books to Comiclink back in February for the April 14th auction.  The books have been in the auction preview for about a month now, but there the books have no description. They are not super expensive books, but I see other books that are worth less that have descriptions.  I see some books that say "2nd highest graded".  One of the books I sent in is tied for highest graded, but it is not noted.

I sent an email last week asking if they were going to put a description for the books, but I have not received a reply.

Was I supposed to type up a description and send it to them when I sent the books?  I appreciate any input.  

For some books things like "2nd highest graded" doesnt matter. If it is a run filler that is a 9.6 and there are no 9.9s or 10s in the census it is in the second highest grade for that book, but the buyers wont really care about that when making their bids. In terms of descriptions they follow what is on the slab itself. So if CGC noted it as a news stand they will put news stand in the description, but if CGC did not note it they will not note it either. 

I appreciate the feedback.  It seems it is what it is.  It just seems strange to me that nearly every single book I click on has some type of description listed in the "comiclink comments" including some very low value books.

Thank you again

Do they have at least something like this?  "Offered here is a high-grade example of this issue in the coveted Near Mint range, certified at CGC's Near Mint 9.2 tier."  In this one they don't mention the page quality as it is Cream to Off-White

On 4/5/2022 at 11:11 PM, toro said:

Do they have at least something like this?  "Offered here is a high-grade example of this issue in the coveted Near Mint range, certified at CGC's Near Mint 9.2 tier."  In this one they don't mention the page quality as it is Cream to Off-White

No.  Nothing.  No description at all.  

On 4/5/2022 at 7:38 PM, kagemusha7s said:

Call them