• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I need to use CGC bags when submitting for grading/signing?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 1:22 PM, DocLobster said:

Hey everyone, hope this is an easy question - all of the comics supplies on https://shop.collectiblesgroup.com/ are out of stock. Can I use equivalent bags / window bags if I plan to submit to CGC this month for grading and signature? This is my first time doing this, thanks for the help.

Cut out the area you want the sig located, or just a big window.  Some feel the window in the CGC bags is a bit too small.  Not everyone wants the sig right in the middle so either cut bigger windows or cut the preferred area. They can still pull it out and sign wherever they want, have seen that too, but if they're cool, they'll follow your plan. 

To cut out, place the book in a bag. Draw an outline of the area you want with a marker. Take the book out and put a board in. Use a razor of any type to cut along the line. 

I make the initial line out of painter's tape then take the book out and cut through the tape.  Gives a stronger, and more obvious outline for the opening. 

Probably 10 ways to do this. 

Write on the tape what color sig you prefer. I didn't do that for Kevin Eastman (didn't know you could, learned a lesson) and he signed one of my Turtles with pink sharpie, one with blue. I just wanted them all black. Needless to say, sold it.  But he did sign in the exact areas I wanted the sigs. 

Screenshot_20220407-161740.png

Screenshot_20220407-161827.png

Edited by Sigur Ros