• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regrading CGC 9.5's to try for Pristine 10's
1 1

9 posts in this topic

First, here is the Director of Operations at Ludkins today (2:34:00 in the video) mentioning getting 40 or 50 CGC Pristine 10's on Fire Red Leaf Green Reverse Holos (out of 400-500 submitted). So yeah, 10's are being given now lol. But where does this leave all the Pristine 10 cards currently trapped in CGC 9.5 slabs? Is anyone going to send those in for review to try and upgrade to a 10? 

It would be incredible PR for CGC, and would result in others doing the same (more $$ for CGC)... so we all win. It would also open the door for people to send in PSA 10's to try and get CGC Pristine 10's, as a CGC 9.5 is often times the same or better conditioned than an equivalent PSA 10.

I have crossed CGC 8.5's to 10's at other grading companies, so I know there's 9.5's out there that deserve 10's. Probably a good amount of 9's as well, but let's focus on the 9.5 for now. It's going to come down to CGC objectively grading those cards under this new 'unofficial' scale they're using. 

So now Im wondering how often the pop report is updated. Because now that we have that, Those 40-50 are not in the Pop Report (yet). I've been scouring the Pop report and everyones claim of a mess ton of 10's doesn't seem to match up with whats in there. Can someone point me in the direction in the Pop Report where all these 10s are?? So it's either a placebo effect or people are lying.

As for regrading 9.5's in hopes of 10s. I think that can be a good option if you have the money for it. Since its all still human eyes at the end of the day, may get lucky. I haven't tried cross grading any Pokemon cards so I have no idea the relation between the two.

I would have preferred that Gem Mint be considered a 10, and 9.5 be considered Mint+. I'm hoping that CGC tweaks their label so that it would support a Gem Mint 10. And for a fee, we could send in our 9.5s to get them in a new slab with the GM 10 grade. 

On 4/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, Ben Struss said:

It's perplexing how obsessed with this you are.

Wanting to 5-10X the value of my higher end slabs is not perplexing. It’s perplexing that this is your first activity on this forum. Happy to be the one to finally get you to participate. 

On 4/8/2022 at 7:33 AM, IrishPrince said:

I would have preferred that Gem Mint be considered a 10, and 9.5 be considered Mint+. I'm hoping that CGC tweaks their label so that it would support a Gem Mint 10. And for a fee, we could send in our 9.5s to get them in a new slab with the GM 10 grade. 

yeah the 9.5 being gem mint literally goes against the pattern of the rest of their scale. How they missed this is perplexing as the guy with 1 comment on this forum would say: 

CGC 7 = Near Mint 
CGC 7.5 = Near Mint +

CGC 8 = NM/Mint
CCG 8.5 = NM/Mint +

CGC 9 = Mint
CGC 9.5 = Mint + (??????) 

It is a gamble, when the current grading practices are subjective, highly opinionated, varying from person to person and not always consistent.

I thought about just doing that with the 9.5's I just received, maybe because it was done on a Monday....lol