• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a question about when we get billed for submissions.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have only 2 previously completed submissions. With my first 2 submissions I was billed and around a month later my submissions were completed and in my possession. With my 3rd submission of 64 books CGC seemed to rush my comics to billing and instantly. Now they will probably sit the whole 125(working days) waiting to be graded. Is this normal procedure? If so it doesn't seem fair if the comics are still going to sit the max period waiting for grading. Fast tracking billing without without improving turn around time does not seem fair to the customer, and does not seem like good customer service.  Am I wrong? Or did I just get lucky with my first 2 submissions  Any comments would be appreciated. Any comments from CGC would be appreciated.

my order number is CGC0612413660

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Payment for all submissions is due upon receipt of your order.  We process those payments once your order is logged in and verified.  The paperwork then goes down to accounting to be charged.  The length of time it will take for an order to reach that point in the process will vary depending on the tier you have selected.  An order under a Faster tier like Express or Walkthrough will see the charge much faster than something like Economy as that tier has a much longer turnaround time and the process in general will take longer for those tiers.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On a positive note Wes B, you are helping CGC's cash flow by paying months ahead of the service being completed.  Generally this practice is not common paying for a service upfront, but its perfectly legal. The vast amount of business don't operate this way, say when you pay for new tires or a haircut.  The reason here is that there is competition in these other markets and demand that isn't off the charts.  You probably have a dozen different tire stores in a 10 mile radius of where you live and dollars to doughnuts none of them charge you until those tires are in your possession.  Thing is CGC operates in a niche marketplace and while they are not a monopoly, i.e. CBCS, etc. they enjoy an extremely high demand for their services.  Until the buyers of CGC services demand change, CGC will continue to charge the full amount before the service is rendered.

Hi Mosh, last time I purchased something online I had the option to pick it up same day, Amazon or Walmart for example.   That or it was stated prior to my purchase when I would receive said item, normally 48 to 72 hours later.  Nice try on the swerve.