• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel & it's mutants post-HOM

8 posts in this topic

I was going to post this in Modern...but figured it's a more general thing...

So for all those issues that Grant Morrison wrote...basically attempting to change the mutant status in the Marvel U from a couple hundred, to a size large enough to populate Genosha, mutant town, etc, etc....hundreds of thousands.......

Now Marvel is rolling that all back to 198 mutants or some such nonsense.... foreheadslap.gif

Is that kinda a big F-U to Morrison?? It almost seems personal considering how blatant they seem to be about undoing everything .......Can you inagine the [embarrassing lack of self control]-storm if they did that to a Byrne or Claremont book ??!!

We all know there are some huge egos in this industry, but how much angst is there that I don't get to hear about...???...

well, damn near all of them on Genosha.....but my interpretation was that there were still many, many, many, many more....
Not from reading Excalibur or X-men. The place is portrayed as a huge ghost town.

Well, looking back on the Grant Morrison issues it was said that the Sentinels had wiped out the majority of Genosha, roughly 2-3 million mutants and that that was the greatest concentration of mutants on the planet, but it wasn't all. This would have dropped the population of mutants at that time. But since most mutants don't manifest their powers until puberty that means the population could jump back up in no time. I think it would be best if Marvel kept the number to a small amount, say, a million or less to keep that "hated and feared" anti-mutant riff going. 198, however, is a ridiculously small number though. Of course if the Earth X , Paradise X, and Universe X are going to be part of the future of the MU then we know the mutant population is destined to grow again anyway.

But since most mutants don't manifest their powers until puberty that means the population could jump back up in no time.

Unless Wanda made it so there would never be such a thing as mutation, thus no new mutants?

Yeah, that looks like a good possiblity according to the last bit of HOM #7. Of course that still leaves people like Spider-man, Hulk, Captain America, and the FF that didn't get their powers from mutation per se. Could be that she'll stop any future mutation from occuring which still leaves the X-men and other current mutants alive. Of course there is the whole Decimation storyline that's coming so we'll see. confused-smiley-013.gif

I remember reading somewhere, in regards to this question that some "oversight" might be made in regards to just 198 mutants. Something about Wanda might or might not be able to fully control her powers to the point that should could get rid of all the mutants except 198.