• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use GoCollect for prices ?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Its been around and used on the boards quite a bit.

They used to give estimates of every grade without other pay features, but now it's only a certain amount of grades for free.

9.2 9.6 9.0 8.0 and so on

They've been around a long time, since I'm surprised you've never heard of it, you might bookmark 130point.com as well, as they'll give the real price of the best offer sold on Ebay

Gocollect isnt as great as gpaanalysis.com because gocollect takes longer to update some books it would seem.

On 4/11/2022 at 6:49 PM, Senormac said:

Comic Book Price Guide - GoCollect

I came across a book I wanted to look up and google took me to this site.  I never heard of it and they want me to sign up to get info.  What a ya think ? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

As @ADAMANTIUM says it’s been around for years.  Many think it has a nicer interface than GPA, but since it hasn’t been around as long it doesn’t have nearly as much historical data.  I’m also not sure if they have as many sources right now for data.  I have a subscription (as well as a GPA subscription).  I mainly use it for a simple round up of value for insurance purposes.  It tries to figure a fair market value for as many comics as it could reasonably give.

I used to use GoCollect when there service was free. Now that you have to pay a subscription fee to access information, I haven't been back. I am already paying for multiple subscriptions (GPA, ESPN+, Netflix, and Hulu), and I feel that I am not getting my money's worth from some sites (GPA I use almost every day).

I like GoCollect for a quick and dirty triage of which issues may be worth slabbing.

The three big reasons to use a site like GoCollect or GPA are:

What should I slab?

What should I charge?

What should I pay?

The interface on GoCollect is better than GPA for the what should I slab question, in my opinion. It’s much easier to compare potential grades quickly and evaluate whether this books that might be 50% likely to get 7.5, 20% likely to get 7.0, and 30% likely to get 8.0 is going to be worth slabbing or should just be sold raw.

GPA is definitely better than GoCollect on the what should I pay question, assuming you are targeting a specific book in a specific grade. Much easier to look at past results and trends.

For the what should I charge question, they both have merits. I understand why more people prefer GPA. But I find GoCollect gets me to an answer faster on 80% of my books, and points out the 20% where I really need to take more time.

I just subscribed to Gocollect and I find the interface easy enough to navigate. I mostly collect modern books and I've had no issues finding them on the GoCollect so far and even books that are missing they will add if you open a ticket with them. I'll probably try GPA as well and see which is better for me.

In terms of monthly price GPA is charging $11 while GoCollect is charges $9.