• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pirate Ship - USPS Parcel Select Ground
1 1

10 posts in this topic

USPS Parcel Select Ground is quite a bit cheaper than USPS Priority shipping using the Pirate Ship platform.

Any experiences with USPS Parcel Select Ground pro or con?

I see there is no insurance included with this, but I usually just use the free $50 on priority, because the odds of winning an insurance claim with USPS is about the same as winning the Hunger Games.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Mike

I've always used USPS Priority.  Thanks for the info on USPS Parcel Select Ground.  I'll check it out.   About right on insurance claims.  They did pay up one claim I filed.  Took three months for the money to arrive. 
It just around $100 for the book though.  

On 4/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, lizards2 said:

USPS Parcel Select Ground is quite a bit cheaper than USPS Priority shipping using the Pirate Ship platform.

Any experiences with USPS Parcel Select Ground pro or con?

I see there is no insurance included with this, but I usually just use the free $50 on priority, because the odds of winning an insurance claim with USPS is about the same as winning the Hunger Games.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Mike

Is there a big difference in shipping duration and can you add sig service?  I always use Priority because my collectibles insurance requires it but for some cheaper sales I wouldn't mind using something else.

Edited by comicquant

On 4/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, comicquant said:

Is there a big difference in shipping duration and can you add sig service?  I always use Priority because my collectibles insurance requires it but for some cheaper sales I wouldn't mind using something else.

google says you can add sig service - I am sure it increases the cost.

I don't really use sig service hardly at all.

I don't know if PO is still just signing for customer as "Covid-19", but they sure were for a long while - they weren't allowed to obtain a customer signature. It was a waste of money to add that service for the past couple years.

As Far as duration goes, Priority was telling me 1-3, whereas Parcel Select Ground said 2-8 days.

Edited by lizards2

I never tried Parcel Select, so I can't offer an opinion.  Every time in the past that I looked at the comparison between the 2 methods, it was always very close so chose Priority.  There were even times that Parcel Select was more than Priority, which never made sense. 

Maybe something has changed recently and made Parcel Select more competitive.  I'll have to check it out next opportunity.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:58 PM, Lightning55 said:

I never tried Parcel Select, so I can't offer an opinion.  Every time in the past that I looked at the comparison between the 2 methods, it was always very close so chose Priority.  There were even times that Parcel Select was more than Priority, which never made sense. 

Maybe something has changed recently and made Parcel Select more competitive.  I'll have to check it out next opportunity.

Co-signed

priority has only been a dollar difference, if that so I usually ship this way and it arrives in time where everyone is happy

On 4/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, Lightning55 said:

Yeah - for today's choice for a 2.5 lb package it was $17 Priority or $12 Parcel Select. This was on Pirate Ship, not the USPS website.

Mostly just depends where things are shipping to that will make it cheaper. If it's within a state or two, priority and parcel are about the same price. Ship across the coast and things get cheaper with Parcel.

Parcel is fine. It's basically the equivalent of UPS Ground.

Edited by Tnexus

I generally use Media Mail on Pirate Ship for lightweight stuff. Gemini Mailers 1# or less cost $3.19 to anywhere in the US. I've noticed that when the packages are over 30#, UPS Ground has lower rates than any USPS service (using pirateship.com website).