• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 3 Slab - Update Grade is In!
3 3

33 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Looks 7.0ish to me

You can see the vertical bend running the length of the book. In recent years CGC has hammer book length bends like that, especially when they break colour. Yours doesn’t appear to and so a press likely could improve the grade here.

Ultimate Fallout 4 has a common indentation running the length of the book from the poly bag that many copies were sold in. As a result CGC (and even CBCS) graded that book 8.5-9.2 with said crease. And it’s is extremely faint, but in the proper lighting you can definitely see it. Many copies of UF4 with this as the only flaw press out to a 9.6-9.8. So you can be upset that CGC is harsh on such a defect but I know other companies (well at least one) are too.

Hi the vertical bend you see is on the back like a centimeter or so from the spine right ? 
That is what I think I see but it is hard to see even in person and I am wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me lol

On 4/16/2022 at 11:54 AM, Corallas said:

Hi the vertical bend you see is on the back like a centimeter or so from the spine right ? 
That is what I think I see but it is hard to see even in person and I am wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me lol

Yeah appears to run the length of the book. In slab these things can be very hard to see. Out though and I’m sure it would be noticeable. And since colour doesn’t appear to break you might have a shot at a press and bump in grade, provided there are no interior flaws 

On 4/16/2022 at 2:50 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah appears to run the length of the book. In slab these things can be very hard to see. Out though and I’m sure it would be noticeable. And since colour doesn’t appear to break you might have a shot at a press and bump in grade, provided there are no interior flaws 

Good news , thanks 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:38 AM, Corallas said:

Update :
Cracked , pressed and resubmitted .

Came back a 9.4 albeit down to Off white to White Pages from White .

Pretty Happy about this .

Thanks to all for input on this book .

0?ui=2&ik=421f9bcc27&attid=0.1&permmsgid

An awesome grade bump (I'd be EXTREMELY happy with that result), but looks like the photo attached didn't work; can you repost? Be good to see post C&P in the slab to compare and contrast.

From a 6.5 to a 9.4! That’s the largest bump that I have ever heard of, especially for a Silver Age book. Very happy for @Corallas but a grade variance like that is kinda scary. Really beginning to wonder about CGC’s grading standards at this point. 

Edited by Nilo2

On 5/29/2023 at 1:48 AM, Every Day A Story said:

An awesome grade bump (I'd be EXTREMELY happy with that result), but looks like the photo attached didn't work; can you repost? Be good to see post C&P in the slab to compare and contrast.

Hi I can see it , will post here , can you see this pic ? 

0?ui=2&ik=421f9bcc27&attid=0.1&permmsgid

Definitely a beautiful copy. Based on the single image in the slab, I'd say that the original grade of 6.5 was way off the mark. Congratulations!

On 5/30/2023 at 9:53 AM, Nilo2 said:

Definitely a beautiful copy. Based on the single image in the slab, I'd say that the original grade of 6.5 was way off the mark. Congratulations!

Thanks!