• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PayPal issue has this happened to anyone else
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Saw something online and I made an offer to buy seller accepted I have been scammed once before via cash app and seller asked for Zelle and I thought here we go again. 

The seller agreed to PayPal goods and services and sent me an invoice I paid the invoice and he sent me a screen shot of PayPal’s response

Something’s not right

this page doesn’t exist

so he refunded me the payment and I tried again

10 min later same response. I called PayPal they said he should not decline the payment but contact them again before doing so and they would help him thru the process of getting paid. 

I tried again the next day and same issue PayPal could not help with this issue from his end so I let it go

anyone else have an issue like this and how did it work out?? Thx 

On 4/15/2022 at 5:34 PM, Tnexus said:

That's a new one to me. When you click on the order details in your Paypal, does it show complete? Do you get an email saying it sent?

Yes in the 4x I sent payment I got a receipt saying received. The message he received was the same each and every time. He did deny the payment each and every time so. Consider him to be honest but he mentioned using Zelle again and taking a video of him packaging and sending to pay with Zelle after i saw them being mailed. Just didn’t see that I could afford a $500 hit when I received an empty box regardless of what was photographed

So he is refunding the payment on his end because it is coming through funky.  Makes sense. 

But what doesn't make sense is that usually the only time you can Accept/Deny a payment is if you have your settings set to not accept a Non-confirmed PayPal address.  Then you can choose to accept it that way or deny it.

It's not clear here if he is actually denying the payment, or refunding, which are 2 different things.  It may look the same on your end either way.  Never saw this situation in thousands of PayPal payments, and something sounds a bit off.

Maybe he is trying to wear you down so that you would just go along with the Zelle payment.  Buyer Beware for sure.  Could be that he doesn't have a legit PayPal account, or one that has been suspended or terminated, causing the error message.  But you would have thought customer service could have told you that the payment was never going to go through.  Or maybe can't, due to "privacy policies".  If the seller knows it is never going to go through, it could be back to him trying to herd you toward the Zelle payment.