• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Spring Edition (#2) Round 1
28 28

482 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 11:12 PM, skypinkblu said:

I did the worst on the Batman, I was sure there was a tear through the book at the bottom, looked like it was in the same place on the front and the back...but that and the Spidey were my worst ones, so I can stop cringing;)

I think I let you get in my head, and hammered a couple of the books.

Funny thing is, I think if I had graded things a little closer to what I thought they were, rather than what I thought CGC/other people would, I would have done better.

Not particularly good, but better.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:44 PM, ttfitz said:

I think if I had graded things a little closer to what I thought they were, rather than what I thought CGC/other people would, I would have done better.

Sounds like me looking back at what I submitted and trying to figure out why I thought some of those grades were even close.

bright-butthead.gif.8dfa9da47c00ccbd9c4cae8953bb6fb7.gif

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Going to blame it on spending too much time in the QC thread.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:59 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Did I miss something. Were the grades released on the first round and if so where?

2nd post:
https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/506409-2022-cgc-grading-contest-season-1-spring-edition-2-round-1/page/11/#comments

On 4/29/2022 at 9:18 PM, flashlites said:

You have to kinda get lucky on the first round of these contests to have a chance. If you can make it past this round and calibrate accurately, you have a shot at doing about the same or hopefully even better in the later rounds. So we will see how this goes...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Napoleon Dynamite's Liger - B'wana Beast's Greatest Achievement? | Napoleon  dynamite, Napoleon, Liger

Detective Comics #32 - 7.0

Incredible Hulk #3 - 4.0

Hawkman #1 - 6.5

Batman #248 - 7.0

Geheime Oorlogen (Foreign Edition Secret Wars #8)  8.0

A good round for me.

It would have been better if I had actually remembered to submit the grades to Mike.  :tonofbricks:

On 4/29/2022 at 9:58 PM, toro said:

Detective Comics #32 - 7.0

Incredible Hulk #3 - 4.0

Hawkman #1 - 6.5

Batman #248 - 7.0

Geheime Oorlogen (Foreign Edition Secret Wars #8)  8.0

A good round for me.

It would have been better if I had actually remembered to submit the grades to Mike.  :tonofbricks:

he'd probly be willin to let ya submit late.