• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Production related or...?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Toxin #4 

Looking at the outside of the front cover, it looks like a crease.

Can't feel it with my finger.

Looking at the inside of the cover, it looks like a slice through the color.

Book was advertised as a 9.6 or better

The rest of the book looks like a 9.6 if not for the crease.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

20220418_082331.jpg

20220418_082324.jpg

20220418_082300_HDR.jpg

20220418_082145_HDR.jpg

Edited by lostboys

I wonder if it breaks color or of it's light refraction? Still, with it's length and seeming depth, I think you're looking at 9.4 at best. And that's if all else is perfect.

I don't think it's production-related.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:07 AM, grendelbo said:

I wonder if it breaks color or of it's light refraction? Still, with it's length and seeming depth, I think you're looking at 9.4 at best. And that's if all else is perfect.

I don't think it's production-related.

The crease on the outside of the front cover does not break color. The line on the inside does. I cant feel either with my finger.

Do you think maybe it was some sort of printers crease that has been pressed out?

A lot of Marvel comics from around that time have that line - about a half to 3/4 of a centimeter from the spine, running the length of the book.  It's very common, and I've seen it to varying degrees - sometimes almost imperceptible, other times severe.  

On 4/22/2022 at 3:11 PM, djzombi said:

A lot of Marvel comics from around that time have that line - about a half to 3/4 of a centimeter from the spine, running the length of the book.  It's very common, and I've seen it to varying degrees - sometimes almost imperceptible, other times severe.  

Yeah, the seller told me the book came directly from the Diamond Comics and I believe him. Its in fantastic condition but for that line. The question is...will CGC take points off the grade when I send it in?