• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How frequently does your pop report update? 🤔
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hey CGC. For the past couple of years I've been running a completely free Pokémon grade metrics website which collates various pop report data on a weekly basis and gives users statistics and a historic overview of how Pokémon grades are changing over time.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to directly link to it here, so instead what I can do is show how I've been able to make use of your pop report data so far, which you may have already seen in the form of infographics on my personal Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/CcBdGjqrKmL and https://www.instagram.com/p/CcS3MCwI0KW.

This morning I turned my attention to your Pokémon pop report once again as I did last Wednesday and the Wednesday before, only to discover that nothing has actually publicly changed since last week. Upon doing some more digging, I found that a dateModified field your pop report exposes reveals that the pop report data gets updated at seemingly random times (7th March, 17th March, 1st April, 4th, 5th and 6th April, with no additional updates having been made public since).

My long-term plan for the website I run is to hopefully freely work with you to help make your pop report as accessible as possible to the Pokémon community. Where your pop report has only recently gone live I'm not in a position to put across my use case to you just yet, but I figure it'd help if I was transparent from the get go.

I wanted to reach out to you to ask a couple of questions about the data you have:

• Is the plan for your pop report data to update on a more regular basis going forward?
  • Are there any plans for developers like myself to be able to subscribe to updates or more directly access the data you have?

Many thanks,
James

• Administrator

Hello

It should be updating pretty regularly, at least once a day. But we just became aware of a technical issue that stopped it from updating, and we are working on getting that fixed ASAP.

Mike

• Administrator

Hello @panamamutiny, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. The census is updated weekly. If you have recently received your books, you should be able to view the books in the census by the following Wednesday. 

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.