• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smallville ... WTF??!?

77 posts in this topic

So, I've never sat down and watched an episode of Smallville. This evening I decided to check out a syndicated episode from 2001.

Why is this show so popular??!? Okay, I could see diehard Superman fans watching it, only for the fact that Supes is the premise of the show. But it had the worst acting/effects/camera shots that I have ever seen on multiseason running show.

Now, I'll probably give it the benefit of the doubt, but please tell me that the current season has improved on the things I've mentioned.

So, I've never sat down and watched an episode of Smallville. This evening I decided to check out a syndicated episode from 2001.

Why is this show so popular??!? Okay, I could see diehard Superman fans watching it, only for the fact that Supes is the premise of the show. But it had the worst acting/effects/camera shots that I have ever seen on multiseason running show.

Now, I'll probably give it the benefit of the doubt, but please tell me that the current season has improved on the things I've mentioned.

I agree totally, I watch the show only for the theme song at the beginning which is great.

I've watched several episodes, but it's bland,boring and it sucks beans foreheadslap.gif

I guess you didn't watch last night's show. Missed Zorro/Batman, and Lois in a bikini...again.

I take it you're a fan?...I have to admit Lois in a bikini would be worth a look, but the series just does'nt light my candle...I've tried to like it...but to me it lacks excitement...but hey that's just my view...if you love it...great...it's what you get out of it that counts thumbsup2.gif

Guess everyone has their own tastes ( thank godness )

For me, its one of the greatest shows i have ever watched ! The special effects are first rate, stuff you would only see in a major motion picture. They couldnt have chosen better actors to play each role, their all just great !

But sure, every show has a few bad episodes, but i beleive its still the biggest show for the WB. I read somewhere that this season opener was watched by 5 million people, topling even Survivor. So its doing quit well smile.gif

I watched the first few episodes before i learned it was filmed near me. I took pictures of the Kent Farm, and Smallville High and The Talon 27_laughing.gif , I've even picked up Tom Welling's garbage a few times 27_laughing.gif ( im a garbageman ).

I also think ( until proven wrong ) that i have the biggest Smallville collection there is smile.gif

But last nights episode sucked? poke2.gif

Last night reminded me of a cheap version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer... and the effect with James Marsters "kniving" Lex's bodyguard? It worked better in T2 15 years ago! insane.gif I did like the "new" Daily Planet editor though. 27_laughing.gif

I generally like the show. Every season has its few bad episodes. I liked the Aquaman, and the JLA reference from a week earlier. But so far, I like last season better.

I like the way they are developing the Brainiac character. Finally someone who can tell Lex where to stuff it. One of the better sub-plots going on right now.

And for some of you that don't know what's so great about it, it is what's happening underneath the episodes. Certainly watching it from Day 1 helps. It's not really a show where you would be interested too much only if your watching it sporadically. And....it's definitely getting better each season IMO.

How long is Clark going to be able to be an item with Lana now that he has his powers back?

How long before Clark realizes Brainiac is every bit as vicious as Lex is?

How long before Lex and Brainiac join forces?

And the aforementioned current Brainiac/Lex relationship. How long before it explodes with Clark caught in the middle?

How long before Clark is forced to go back to his Fortress of Solitude to confront his father?

When is he (although we know it's not going to happen in the series) going to finally put on the suit?

How long before we get introduced to a young Bruce Wayne?

Again, it's what's happening underneath that makes it interesting.

I like the way they are developing the Brainiac character. Finally someone who can tell Lex where to stuff it. One of the better sub-plots going on right now.

And for some of you that don't know what's so great about it, it is what's happening underneath the episodes. Certainly watching it from Day 1 helps. It's not really a show where you would be interested too much only if your watching it sporadically. And....it's definitely getting better each season IMO.

How long is Clark going to be able to be an item with Lana now that he has his powers back?

How long before Clark realizes Brainiac is every bit as vicious as Lex is?

How long before Lex and Brainiac join forces?

And the aforementioned current Brainiac/Lex relationship. How long before it explodes with Clark caught in the middle?

How long before Clark is forced to go back to his Fortress of Solitude to confront his father?

When is he (although we know it's not going to happen in the series) going to finally put on the suit?

How long before we get introduced to a young Bruce Wayne?

Again, it's what's happening underneath that makes it interesting.

Good grief...you should write for this TV Series...your questions have me on the edge of my seat! 893whatthe.gif

Why is'nt the programme as interesting? confused-smiley-013.gif

He is supposed to be Brainiac? Laugh if you want, but I am an old timer and thought he was supposed to be General Zod. I figured the last two that came out of the ship ended up back in the Phantom Zone (an admittedly pathetic ending to the episode) so this must be Zod.