• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smallville ... WTF??!?

77 posts in this topic

Didn't Jor-el say that one of Clark's friends has to die? Who is it going to be? Lana? or Cloey?

I'm guessing it's Chloe which starts the domino effect of Clark and Lois becoming reporters. Since there is no Chloe character in Superman lore, the creative staff are going to have to write her out eventually. confused-smiley-013.gif

This is what I'm thinking as well.

Plus, Chloe knows too much about Clark. While I doubt she'd ever willingly let the cat out of the bag, she's more of a liability than Clark can afford (especially with Lex getting more and more dark).

Similar to Pete. Once he found out Clark's secret, they wrote him out.

Really? I had no idea about the off-set drama.

I always just figured Pete usefulness had worn out and he was more of a liability to Clark.

Shows you what I know. crazy.gif

My wife who follows such things mentioned that Pete wanted out because his role did not allow him for much acting and since writers / producers didn't see Pete having more importance in the show / more on screen time, the actor decided not to stay on.

So...when Clark finally becomes Superman, how's he going to keep his identity a secret from Lex?

That's actually a good question. I would suspect the series will end before they ever get to that point.

Lex is a bit more clever than the rest of the Smallville population. I doubt he'd be fooled by a different hairstyle. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, I've watched the show from day one and must say I've enjoyed it. yeah, the first couple of seasons were a bit heavy on the kryptonite spawned super villian teens and the teen angst but the show has developed pretty well in the last season or so. As was mentioned earlier the main attraction is the story underneath everything. We know Clark and Lois will be together so we get to see where that starts. And we know Lex is going to be against Superman, but here they started as friends. And of course there are all the various inside comic book hints and jokes. From Arthur Curry telling Clark to stay "super", to Milton Fine telling Clark "There's no such thing as vampires." (He of course played Spike on the Buffy the Vampire show.) Oh, and the lead vampiress was named Buffy! 27_laughing.gif.. And does anyone else notice that Clark is always wearing something blue or red or a combination there of? And what about John Schnieder as Johnathan Kent having the "Dukes of Hazzard" theme playing on his truck radio in one of the earlier episodes? That was priceless.

So...when Clark finally becomes Superman, how's he going to keep his identity a secret from Lex?

First, Clark will start wearing glasses followed by a haircut. When he becomes Superman, the glasses come off. I realize how stupid this sounds, but it's worked for all these years. confused-smiley-013.gif

There is supposed to be an episode with the other duke boy and they are riding in one of the new dodge chargers, at least that is what the rumor is anyway.
yea, that's in the Stripper episode this week. The other Duke is Pa Kent senator friend.

I think the All Star Superman has a fat, double-chinned Clark Kent.

From the previews I've seen that's got to be one of the ugliest Superman art I've ever seen in nearly 50 years.

Can't say I'm a fan of Quitely's work either.

Oh, that would cool and funny! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think it happens this week.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|98201|1|,00.html

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) For going on five seasons, John Schneider has played Clark Kent's foster dad, Kansas farmer Jonathan Kent, on The WB's teen-Superman drama "Smallville." That whole time, the question has been raised: When will Tom Wopat, Schneider's co-star on the hit 1970s-'80s series "The Dukes of Hazzard," make a guest appearance?

"Somebody finally heard you," Schneider says, calling in from the show's Vancouver set with Wopat at his side, "and here we are."

An episode called "Exposed," airing Thursday, Nov. 3, reunites Wopat and Schneider, who played cousins Luke and Bo Duke, a pair of modern Robin Hoods in rural Georgia, in the classic series.

Click Here

Wopat plays Sen. Jack Jennings (a nod to the "Dukes" balladeer, Waylon Jennings), an old friend of Jonathan's who comes to Smallville to seek his help in an upcoming campaign.

"That was a great idea [to pair them up]," says Tom Welling, who plays Clark. "They were like two kids in a candy store, being together. You could tell that a lot of the old gags came up again.

"I used to watch 'Dukes' all the time growing up. John's going to hate me for saying this, but I caught it in syndication because they began that show the year I was born."

"The difficult part is," Wopat says, "they're yelling for 'Tom' on the set, and we've got two TWs here."

"I only work with TWs," quips Schneider.

For "Dukes" fans, the episode contains a few inside jokes. "The senator's taste in cars is a bit classic, shall we say," Schneider says. "He drives a '69 Dodge Charger. Imagine that."

But fans expecting to see a twin of the Dukes' orange Charger, the General Lee, will be disappointed.

"It's blue," Schneider reveals.

"It is blue?" Wopat says. "I thought it was green."

"It's bluish-green, aqua," Schneider says. "They can't be ridiculous [and make it orange]. They wanted to nudge. They didn't want to shove."

"We had a line today talking about Chickasaw County," Wopat says, "so there was another one."

"And of course," Schneider adds, "the door on the passenger side of the senator's car has been broken since he got it, so he has to climb in."

"It's not bad," Wopat says. "It's tough when they change windows, make us go out the wrong window."

Apparently, one of the hazards of being a Duke cropped up again, forcing Schneider to take action.

"I had to have them remove the door-lock mechanism," he says, "so that my buddy wouldn't get his back ripped open again like he did 27 years ago."

"The door-lock thing," Wopat says, "when you take the plastic piece off of it, it's just a little spike."

"A piece of threaded metal," Schneider says.

"You can impale yourself pretty good on it," Wopat says.

"I had them go in with a pair of bolt cutters," Schneider explains, "and get rid of it. They didn't want to. At first, they put a piece of black tape on it. I said, 'No, no, that's not good.'

"And they jumped the car the other day. It should be cute. It has the potential of bringing in the entire 27 years' worth of 'Dukes of Hazzard' audience to 'Smallville,' which is great."

Asked what he thinks of Jennings' story line -- which includes a bit of a scandal -- Wopat says, "It just kind of hits the low points."

This elicits a hoot from Schneider.

"I actually ended up paying more attention to the 'Dukes of Hazzard' stuff than to the story," Wopat continues, "because I show up, everything's so compressed. It's almost a B-story in a way."

The two also say that it wasn't hard to get the old juices flowing. "We fall into a rhythm, Tom and I," Schneider says, "and it doesn't seem like work at all. We have so much fun reminiscing and talking. It's the easiest work that I ever do, the years with Tom on 'Dukes of Hazzard' and the reunion movies we did together.

"Even when we toured with music, it was like sitting in a hotel room playing a guitar, and there just happened to be 10,000 people in the audience."

Wopat's visit did get Schneider a little special treatment on his own set.

"The first day," Schneider says, "we had lots of people taking pictures that I've known for years. I said, 'You never wanted to take my picture before. What's going on here?' It was fun."

"It was out of context," adds Wopat.

"We become special," Schneider says, "because they were watching us before they were going to school. It's a privilege on one hand and makes me feel very old on the other."

As for the "Dukes of Hazzard" feature film that came out this year, starring Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville, Schneider says, "I saw it. It was cute. The car stuff was great. The guys had a terrific, infectious kind of chemistry, albeit a different kind of chemistry than Tom and I had, but still it was there."

There aren't a lot of country folk like the Dukes on television right now -- except for the Kents, of course.

"'Smallville,' for all of its science fiction," Schneider says, "still has a family that walks down a dirt road to the mailbox to get the mail. People in New York, L.A. and Chicago forget that not everybody has a doorman."

Finally, to re-establish their country cred, Wopat and Schneider launch into a harmony rendition of a song from the countrified variety show "Hee Haw," ending with, "I searched the world over, and I thought I found true love. You met another, and" -- insert raspberry here -- "you were gone."

First, Clark will start wearing glasses followed by a haircut. When he becomes Superman, the glasses come off. I realize how stupid this sounds, but it's worked for all these years. confused-smiley-013.gif

I like the idea of Lex knowing. It adds more dynamic to the Lois/Clark/Lex triangle. Lex and Lois were an item before Superman appeared. Imagine how he feels about Clark knowing Lois falls in love with Superman?

Didn't Jor-el say that one of Clark's friends has to die? Who is it going to be? Lana? or Cloey?

I'm thinking Pa Kent.

I think it's Jonathan as well. When John Schnieder signed on for Smallville, he wanted to part of a program that he could watch with his entire family. When Smallvillle got an award from a conservative family group, the show has become more risque ever since with the sex and violence. I would think if the producers want to kill off a character, Schnieder probably would not mind and might volunteer.

Jonathan Kent is not one of Clark's "friends".

Maybe Pete Ross will croak...and come back to life white. One of those "meteor showers" things...

No, but he is someone who Clark loves and that is who Jor-El said would die, somebody he loves. He never said friend.

I just scanned this whole thread and I still haven't seen a picture of lois in a bikini. yeahok.gif