• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men Annual 14
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I need better pictures to really give an assessment. I can't see the deep crease on the spine. It appears as a color-breaking tick. Overall, it looks sharp but I can't give a precise grade and am gonna say 9.0+.

On 4/21/2022 at 5:02 PM, wheelz86 said:

I need better pictures to really give an assessment. I can't see the deep crease on the spine. It appears as a color-breaking tick. Overall, it looks sharp but I can't give a precise grade and am gonna say 9.0+.

Yes sorry I changed my wording. I meant deep spine tick

On 4/21/2022 at 5:16 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Yes sorry I changed my wording. I meant deep spine tick

It looks good but the fuzziness and shadows on the pre pictures make it tough to see. I would hope it be in the higher 9s. I'm assuming since you are posting it after-the-fact that it was either a bit higher or lower than you expected.

I was spot on other submissions but this one seems super harsh. I mean it’s not a huge to do….I just feel it was super harsh. And I don’t see any of the other mentioned creasing….

Edited by comicginger1789

This is a great example of a book that looks almost perfect from the pics and when examined super close you can see a few things.. sometimes you just have to have the book in hand, maybe look at an angle to see some of these smaller issues. That being said… looks a bit harsh. Looks like an edge tear, not in the graders notes. Could’ve been the determining factor. Tears of any kind on higher grade books are dealt with severely. Also it has white pages sometimes you get a little “credit” for that doesn’t appear to be the case here. 

Edited by Februus

On 4/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, Februus said:

This is a great example of a book that looks almost perfect from the pics and when examined super close you can see a few things.. sometimes you just have to have the book in hand, maybe look at an angle to see some of these smaller issues. That being said… looks a bit harsh. Looks like an edge tear, not in the graders notes. Could’ve been the determining factor. Tears of any kind on higher grade books are dealt with severely. Also it has white pages sometimes you get a little “credit” for that doesn’t appear to be the case here. 

The top left of the spine is not a tear. A crease. Was not there prior to sending in a video I took either. So not sure if press caused it or however it was stored at CGC for 8–10 months

Edited by comicginger1789

On 4/21/2022 at 11:43 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I was spot on other submissions but this one seems super harsh. I mean it’s not a huge to do….I just feel it was super harsh. And I don’t see any of the other mentioned creasing….

I agree that the grade seems super harsh and I couldn't see any bends or creases but the photos of the book before were not great for assessment. Sorry for the grade.