• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature/remarque you're unhappy with? (Bendis/Bagley signing)
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 7:21 PM, Ryan. said:

As Neal Adams once explained to me, when he disagreed with where I window bagged a Detective 411 for him to sign at a convention, it's his signature being displayed and represented so he would prefer that the placement be where his artistic sensibilities directed, and not up to a plebe like me.

That point is valid, but then cgc requires a window bag? It's a Kobe ashu maru.

cgc wants us to make one so it is easy to funnel through, but its guesswork on everyone's part, but ha such is life.

On a non unrelated topic, I submitted for Eastman a TMNT 2nd print and made the window over Leo's sword, asking Eastman to sign along the edge of the blade.

I might get the sword covered over, but surely not, right? If there are sensibilities involved :wishluck:

I can only hope, out of sight out of mind, I hope!

Bagely shipped today finally, it was a 9.0 coming back much higher, so looking forward to getting it back!  :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/6/2022 at 8:21 PM, Ryan. said:

As Neal Adams once explained to me, when he disagreed with where I window bagged a Detective 411 for him to sign at a convention, it's his signature being displayed and represented so he would prefer that the placement be where his artistic sensibilities directed, and not up to a plebe like me.

Understood, but i've seen many artists just throw their sig on books and just move onto the next book, not even caring where the placement of the signature is.  Neal Adams may have been the exception, but in my experience most don't seem to care.  

On 5/2/2022 at 6:03 PM, Ron C. said:

I am quite sure that your window box never got to Jock. It was removed from the bag and put in line for signature by your facilitator. That is actually Jock's go to place for signature (with Scott Snyder often on the other side of the chin). Actually, I don't dislike that placement. Jock often goes above and beyond what you ask.... he didn't get the message this time.58444992_Detective880ssJockandSnyder.thumb.jpg.0d0374a591aed7cb34886572bfd7832c.jpg

I’ve had people tell me too that they dislike the placement on my book because they did it on the face and not the side…

but much to everyone’s point, it really just matters if you like it. And if you don’t like your own book, there’s nothing anyone can say to change your mind. 

I’ve always loved the placement on my book

3FD43AB6-F37F-45E3-B134-76126A6E023A.jpeg

On 5/6/2022 at 8:21 PM, Ryan. said:

Haha. I love Neal Adams. He chewed me out at a convention once and it was great!

On 2/22/2023 at 11:55 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I actually think it's really cool-looking! I can understand why you might not like it as the submitter, but I like the way the sketch frames over the cover art, and the pink color pops.

Amen. So many windows to the art, that it ends up framing it nicely. If that is my opinion only I'll surmise that the love for the contrast of lines takes a second to look Back at it. Doesn't always happen that it frames the art well enough. Big fat lines for comparison. That dark cover with pink? hm

It looks sweet to me