Price drops on PCH and double signed Hulk 181
3 3

17 posts in this topic

Mods nuked my last thread because I forgot to close out my old one.  So here's an all new one, with new books!

Here's the rules:

1. Paypal due within 24hrs unless we discuss otherwise prior to taking the book.  I'm open to discussing giving you extra time to pay, just need a heads up. 

2. Prices include shipping to continental US

3. No refunds on slabs unless damaged in transit, refunds on raw books allowed for things I failed to mention like color touch, missing page, popped staple, etc

4. First take it in the thread trumps PM discussions

Here we go!

 

Edited by Nic8612
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Journey Into Fear #14 - 3.0 - $250     $200

This was slabbed by the other guys and is still in the inner casing.  Here's the grader's notes:

spine stress breaks color, 3/4" spine split bottom with 3/4" tear front cover, tears at staples
creases to cover some long front cover, breaks color front cover, some through book top left
tears up to 3/4" to cover edges, thin 1/2" chip bottom left back cover

342055465_JourneyintoFear14-1.thumb.jpg.e1f88a1943182b9f239c01f16284d64b.jpg

68856273_JourneyintoFear14-20012.thumb.jpg.970bbca1d77d5036a288d173a00bb1c1.jpg

Edited by Nic8612
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Out of the Shadows #9 - 2.5 - $250     $200

This was also graded by the other guys and is still in the inner casing.  Grader's notes:

spine stress breaks color, 1/2" corner missing top spine through book
few creases to cover breaks color front cover
small tears to spine & cover edges

246712395_Outoftheshadows9-10004.thumb.jpg.12f33f80f85b23e2af1587f3b92377c9.jpg

1670151248_Outoftheshadows9-20006.thumb.jpg.d1e0bf5fb6889ffc5e4af5e755bd31c4.jpg

Edited by Nic8612
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Crime Exposed #5 - 4.0-5.0

This is a really tough book to find and it contains some of John Romita Sr's earliest professional published work.

I originally had this listed as his FIRST professional work. I have since been corrected!

$125. SOLD

2129962715_CrimeExposed10003.thumb.jpg.cf4b64fe830b89abb73c6f175a9f99bd.jpg

2107783555_CrimeExposed20009.thumb.jpg.2105677b2a1938b6748eff0e2ab9d678.jpg

 

Edited by Nic8612
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2022 at 9:45 PM, Nic8612 said:

Crime Exposed #5 - 4.0-5.0

This is a really tough book to find and it contains John Romita Sr's first professional published work

$125. SOLD

2129962715_CrimeExposed10003.thumb.jpg.cf4b64fe830b89abb73c6f175a9f99bd.jpg

2107783555_CrimeExposed20009.thumb.jpg.2105677b2a1938b6748eff0e2ab9d678.jpg

 

Not looking to thread carp here... but that book does not contain Romita's first published work.  Setting aside the fact that Romita ghosted for Zarkarin as far back as 1949, he was listed on a couple Timely books published in 1951, all before August 1951 (the cover date here).  All True Crime #44 (Ace Renard, King of the Bookies" with art by John Romita, Sr. and Les Zakarin) Cover Date May 1951, and Two Gun Western #8 (Doc Holiday: The Killer who searched for death Pencils John Romita) cover date June 1951.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2022 at 2:39 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Not looking to thread carp here... but that book does not contain Romita's first published work.  Setting aside the fact that Romita ghosted for Zarkarin as far back as 1949, he was listed on a couple Timely books published in 1951, all before August 1951 (the cover date here).  All True Crime #44 (Ace Renard, King of the Bookies" with art by John Romita, Sr. and Les Zakarin) Cover Date May 1951, and Two Gun Western #8 (Doc Holiday: The Killer who searched for death Pencils John Romita) cover date June 1951.  

Shoot, you're right. When I originally researched Romita a while ago GCD had this listed as his earliest credited work. There seems to be 6 more books ahead of it in line now.

 

Happy to cancel the sale to the buyer. No money has changed hands yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2022 at 9:34 PM, Nic8612 said:

Out of the Shadows #9 - 2.5 - $250     $200

This was also graded by the other guys and is still in the inner casing.  Grader's notes:

spine stress breaks color, 1/2" corner missing top spine through book
few creases to cover breaks color front cover
small tears to spine & cover edges

246712395_Outoftheshadows9-10004.thumb.jpg.12f33f80f85b23e2af1587f3b92377c9.jpg

1670151248_Outoftheshadows9-20006.thumb.jpg.d1e0bf5fb6889ffc5e4af5e755bd31c4.jpg

Take per PM. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2022 at 7:48 PM, misterrmystery said:

All paid up. Please send to:

Bob Reid

657 Battery Edge Drive

Summerville, SC 29486

Sweet. Just filled you out a courtesy subscription to J-14. Should be heading your way soon. You are welcome in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2022 at 7:51 PM, SkOw said:

Sweet. Just filled you out a courtesy subscription to J-14. Should be heading your way soon. You are welcome in advance. 

OOPS. Hate when this happens. Multi - tasking isn't what it's cracked up to be. :tonofbricks:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3