• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THREAD CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Lotsa vintage Pulps. No Comics just Pulps. A wide assortment!
2 2

102 posts in this topic

Amazing Stories Quarterly V1#4 Fall 1941

A literal phone book size pulp!

Tons of stories

"John Carter & the Giants of Mars" Edgar Rice Burroughs

"Adan Link Robot in the Past" Eando Binder

and tons more lots of reading for it's original 25 cent cover price...

Poor missing back cover and last few pages

$25.

amazingquarterly1.jpeg

amazingquarterly2.jpeg

amazingquarterly3.jpeg

On 4/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, vaillant said:

I’m partial to the early, eerie and fascinating Weird Tales issues, and the wartime ones, but this is a wonderfully varied selection.
Love this!
P.S. You don’t happen to have any of the Everyday Astrology with the Schomburg war covers, don’t you? :x

Thanks Claudio. Yeah, Weird Tales is an awesome run all the way through. Sorry, none of those Astrology Schomburgs. They would be buried pretty deep in the collection if I did.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:21 AM, Robot Man said:

Thanks Claudio. Yeah, Weird Tales is an awesome run all the way through. Sorry, none of those Astrology Schomburgs. They would be buried pretty deep in the collection if I did.

I feared that! :D
I find them incredibly fascinating in how he mixed the astrology themes with the war climate. Also the nice small interior illustrations. Unfortunately I have just one.
The earlier Weird Tales, also pre-Brundage, have covers with unique eerie atmospheres. Some from the late 1920s… would have loved to collect some, but one has to decide what to prioritize, so I sold my only Brundage around the time I purchased a Marvel Mystery (not regretting it, of course!)

On 4/29/2022 at 3:25 PM, vaillant said:

I feared that! :D
I find them incredibly fascinating in how he mixed the astrology themes with the war climate. Also the nice small interior illustrations. Unfortunately I have just one.
The earlier Weird Tales, also pre-Brundage, have covers with unique eerie atmospheres. Some from the late 1920s… would have loved to collect some, but one has to decide what to prioritize, so I sold my only Brundage around the time I purchased a Marvel Mystery (not regretting it, of course!)

I've got a few Brundage Weird Tales but yeah, I'm sure I would trade off a few for more Marvel Mysterys...

On 4/27/2022 at 1:08 PM, Robot Man said:

Blue Book Magazine Fall 1935

"Swords of Mars" by Edgar Rice Burroughs

First appearance Kioga

nice high grade copy f-vf

$85. priced way under Bookery price

bluebook4:35a.jpeg

bluebook4:35b.jpeg

bluebook4:35c.jpeg

On 4/27/2022 at 1:30 PM, Robot Man said:

Thrilling Mystery Oct 1936

Wild Horror/Bondage cover with girl about to lose her hand!

fair

$50.

thrillmystery1.jpeg

thrillmystery2.jpeg

thrillmystery3.jpeg

I’ll take both at 10% off if still available. Thank you! 

On 4/29/2022 at 3:17 PM, Robot Man said:

Startling Stories Jan 1950

Iconic Robot, GGA, Ray gun sci fi cover 

The return of Capt. Future

L Ron Hubbard story

vg-

$200. FIRM (don't mind putting this one back in the box)

Sorry, no discount on this one…

startling1:50a.jpeg

startling1:50b.jpeg

startling1:50c.jpeg

I'll take it!

Amazing that these things still exist.  Love looking at all the covers and artwork.  A couple almost had hitting the "I'll take it"  !!