• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Sellers for Raw Books

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I’m looking to buy raw Silver and Bronze Age Marvel books only, from recommended sellers on this forum, eBay and IG.

Sellers who can be trusted to sell complete books, with no hidden restoration, no hidden missing or trimmed pages, no hidden staining, etc. etc.

Had too many sellers recently (mostly on eBay), selling badly graded books, or at near slabbed prices, or being vague when asked certain condition questions (or not replying to my questions at all), so want to deal with professional people from now on!

Ideally, would like to hear from sellers who are happy to sell using FMV! I realise that some of these companies like GPA (who I use), can sometimes be a little out of date with current pricing, but if sellers are happy to show past sales (either by themselves or other reputable sellers), on same issues sold, that would put me at ease that I’m not paying over inflated prices! 

I’m looking for Silver and Bronze Age ASM, DD, FF, Avengers and X-Men. Don’t mind low grades (3.0 and upwards), but front cover must present well, with minimum spine tics/wear and minimum unobtrusive color breaks!

I live in England, but have a US address via my Stackry account, so sellers must be happy to ship to this US address, as I know not all US sellers like to ship internationally.

So if anyone can steer a newbie in the right direction on where to buy these books, please DM me. It will be much appreciated! Thank you!

Regards,

Andy

Edited by MARVELous Fan
Added more information.

Hi Andy,

I would visit the sales forum on here. Here is a link. To my knowledge, 99.9% of people selling here are reputable. And you an scroll through pages of stuff for sales from each person posting. You can also post what you are searching for in the other forum I have linked, which is helpful.

As for Instagram, I know that community is strong but because I find it so massive sometimes (and a not quite my scene either), I cannot recommend there but I am sure some here can. 

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/63-comics-market-forum-only-selling-area/

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/50-comics-market-want-to-buy/

I've purchased raw books from MyComicShop, Dale Roberts, Reese's Rare Comics, Superworld and Four Color Comics in recent months that I thought were fairly graded (although I admit once you get up into the higher grades - which is what I buy - I have a tough time distinguishing, say, a 9.2 from a 9.0.  I'm not much of a grader yet).  I'd echo @comicginger1789 on the sales Forums here - I've bought tons of books and have been happy with all but one seller.  Since the cost to clean, press and slab a low-value book is pretty low, I hope you won't expect someone to sell you a raw book that would be "worth" $1000 slabbed for $10.

Here's a link to an updated list of Silver Age dealers that might be helpful (about halfway down Page 10).  Good luck!

On 4/27/2022 at 9:27 AM, MARVELous Fan said:

Hi,

I’m looking to buy raw Silver and Bronze Age Marvel books only, from recommended sellers on this forum, eBay and IG.

Sellers who can be trusted to sell complete books, with no hidden restoration, no hidden missing or trimmed pages, no hidden staining, etc. etc.

Had too many sellers recently (mostly on eBay), selling badly graded books, or at near slabbed prices, or being vague when asked certain condition questions (or not replying to my questions at all), so want to deal with professional people from now on!

Ideally, would like to hear from sellers who are happy to sell using FMV! I realise that some of these companies like GPA (who I use), can sometimes be a little out of date with current pricing, but if sellers are happy to show past sales (either by themselves or other reputable sellers), on same issues sold, that would put me at ease that I’m not paying over inflated prices! 

I’m looking for Silver and Bronze Age ASM, DD, FF, Avengers and X-Men. Don’t mind low grades (3.0 and upwards), but front cover must present well, with minimum spine tics/wear and minimum unobtrusive color breaks!

I live in England, but have a US address via my Stackry account, so sellers must be happy to ship to this US address, as I know not all US sellers like to ship internationally.

So if anyone can steer a newbie in the right direction on where to buy these books, please DM me. It will be much appreciated! Thank you!

Regards,

Andy

I'm sure there are many sellers here and on eBay that are very reputable, but I've found that one of the keys when buying books is to do your homework. Finding the right comics that fit your budget can take some effort, and even the most reputable dealers will occasionally miss something.

I look at different books all the time, and there are many times when I'll pass on them for one reason or another. But if you have patience and a certain amount of determination, you can still find books "in the wild" that will be worthy additions to your collection. Good luck...  :foryou:

As mentioned above check the seller forum and some of those sites. I've used Reece's and they were great. You can submit offers and get a quick response. MyComicShop is good outside of the cosigned pricing and most raw books seems to be higher grade than advertised. But if you really wanna find good stuff check the seller forum. Bad apples get booted. (thumbsu