• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would this defect be down graded?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

A raw Spider-Woman 1 that I have has a manufacturing defect along most of the top edge.

The ink didn't adhere to the very top edge and since it's a dark cover it really shows up.

OR... perhaps the registration was off enough that too much top edge was showing when they trimmed it.

With a press I see it otherwise grading around a 9.2.

Will CGC downgrade for this?

If it's only going to get an 8.0 there's no sense sending it in (at 9.2 I'm even hesitant)

IMG_1045.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

On 4/28/2022 at 9:02 PM, gadzukes said:

I was thinking that too, but thought I saw other examples that were top heavy but didn't have the color loss.

Maybe not that top heavy. I had a look just now quickly and didn't see one. Not sure what CGC would do, if anything. Where the ink ends naturally, I think, at the top, it leaves a very visible white strip. Maybe that will spook the grader. Were it all black, I daresay they wouldn't even notice it (the miscut).