• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Beat 1 DC 1967

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, Funny thing happened to me recently. Kind of felt like destiny in a way.

I was watching a yootoob video by Terry Hoknes (who does really good work on his yootoob comic video's by the way) titled SILVER AGE DC Comics 1967 Top 10 Most Valuable key issues. One of the books was a Teen Beat 1 DC Comics 1967. I had never seen one before. Although I like Silver Age Music/Movie/TV books like the ones Dell produced at the time I don't collect them. Too busy trying to complete my old want list to get involved with that genre.

But I thought this book is pretty neat. Only 8 on the census with 3 9.0's in the top spots.  I was born in 1968. Probably the earlest TV memories I have are repeats of The Monkees and Lost in Space from the age of 3, possibly even 2. I have many TV memories from 1972 on, even 1971. Watching Sonny and Cher, Flip Wilson,Laugh In, ect ect  at night with my parents and older sister. But my favorite TV show was the Monkees during the day. I just loved it and I loved the songs. Saw every episode so many times. Hard to explain but the show really had a strong influence on me. 

Two of my main interests are history and comics. I have a particular fondness of the L.A. music scene in the mid 1960's. I've learned all I could over the years about what was happening there and then. 1964 to 67 mainly, before things started getting ugly. What a time it was. This book is a nice piece of that history. 

Enough of my life story. I saw Teen Beat 1 in the Terry Hoknes video last week and I looked up past sales. I could only find 1 graded sale in the past 20 years. The Savannah Pedigree mentioned in the video was last sold raw on HA in 2014, don't know if it's since been graded. I then looked on e bay and lo and behold a graded 9.0 was ending in 3 hours. A Curator pedigree to boot.  One graded sale in 20 or more years and I just happened to catch one ending in a few hours right after I just found out the book even existed. So I made and offer and here it is. But before I go does anyone here have one or might know the location of the other 2 9.0's? 

Peace :peace:

Edited by Professor K

On 4/29/2022 at 11:26 AM, jeffreyk said:

Awesome book!

On 4/29/2022 at 1:09 PM, speedcake said:

thx for the yootoob recommendation, I'll check out his channel. 

Thanks both of you. And yes the man does nice work. No hype, mainly just shows statistics of books. Print runs, ect.  Available info but well put together.