• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Spring Edition (#2) Round 2
16 16

330 posts in this topic

• Administrator

grading_contest_template 2.png

Here are the rules.  Please read them carefully.

There will be 4 rounds with 5 books per round.  After the deadline for the signup thread has ended, I will start a new thread in the hey buddy can you spare a grade section, scans of the first 5 books will be posted, and I will start a PM thread between myself and each participant.  Be sure to use THIS PM thread to submit your grades every round. I will post a list for the books in the thread where the books are posted for each round.   Please copy and paste that list into our PM, and add the grades for each book.  Only CGC grades (numerical) will be accepted.  Non CGC grades like fine+ or Very fine- will not be accepted.  Be sure to follow the threads that the books are posted in.  This is the only way you will know when the next round starts.  There will be no update when the next round begins sent to our PM thread.  All of the threads with the books and the results will be posted in the hey buddy can you spare a grade section. 

You will have 4 days to get your grades in.  After I record your grades, I will reply to the PM thread so you know that your grades have been recorded.  Please do not bump the PM for any reason other than submitting your grades.  Nobody will be allowed to change their grades.  Do not discuss your grades with others in the thread until the round is closed.  Also, please do not ask any questions about the books publicly or privately (by sending me a PM) .  If I am provided any special notes from CGC, I will share them in the thread.  If anyone fails to submit their grades for a round, their participation in the contest will be terminated.  You will also not be allowed to enter the next contest.  You will have to "sit one out"  An exception will be if someone contacts me with a legitimate excuse.

After the 4 days are up and the round is closed, I will post scans of the books in CGC holders to reveal their grades, and include the graders notes for the books.  A new thread will be started to show the results of each participant.   The results thread will most likely be started the next day.   There will be a new thread started for the next round.   This thread will most likely be started within an hour after the prior round has ended.       

0 points is the best score one can achieve.  1 point will be added to your score for each grade that is higher or lower than the actual grade.    If the actual grade for the book is 5.0 and you guess 4.0, your score for that book is 2.  If the actual grade for the book is 5.0 and you guess 6.0, your score for that book is 2.  If the actual grade for the book is 5.0 and you guess 5.0, your score for that book is 0.

CGC will be awarding $500 for 1st place, $250 for 2nd place and $100 for 3rd place.  

grading prize 1st place.jpg

grading prize 2nd place.jpg

grading prize 3rd place.jpg

• Administrator

:news:   Grades are due by Tuesday May 3rd 8:00 PM Eastern time   :news:  Good luck!  :wishluck:   The reveal of the actual CGC grades will be posted shortly after the round is closed, with scans of the books in their CGC holders.  The scoring results thread most likely won't be available until the following day.  The next round will most likely be posted within 1 hour after the previous round has ended.  Click on the image to supersize it.  

Because the contest involves only scans, books were chosen with defects present only on the covers; there are no significant defects to the interior pages or interior cover, such as tape, missing parts or brittle pages.  No restoration is present either.  All defects relevant to the grade should be visible in the scans.  If there is a defect that is not visible, we will try to provide a graders note.  

Please copy this list of books and paste it into our PM, then post your grades on the same line.

Little Lulu #1

Fantastic Four #48

Sub-Mariner #8

Batman Annual #10

X-Men #283

• Administrator

A few scans have a little camera glare on them.  Click on the images twice for a large scan, and study the images closely.  I have reviewed the graders notes, and I do not think there is anything major that is not visible.  

On 4/29/2022 at 6:48 PM, zzutak said:

Mine as well.  "Sleeping on it" did not work well for me last round.  :cry:

you have to put comics under pillow.