• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC register the submission if it goes to CCS first?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I sent a book to get regarded and pressed from CCS (my first time ever using them and first time using Express Tier). I wrote EX all over the box as instructed. I shipped the book Monday of last week and it arrived Thursday. Friday through the CGC website it said that it was safely delivered but the submission form is not showing as though it has been delivered as usual. (It has been over a year since I submitted a book so maybe it changed?) I emailed CGC yesterday morning and have not received an email back and I am going to email them Friday if nothing changes. Does CGC update the submission form if it is going through CCS or do they only update it when the book is in their hands?

Thank you.

Both CGC and CCS have the same in-processing center, so it should show as "received" as soon as they get around to opening it.  Last time I submitted and used CCS my submission was just "received" until it got back to CGC from CCS and was checked in for grading, then I could click on the submission and see the breakdown of the whole order by book.  Looks like an estimated 31 working days for CCS, plus 8 working days for grading on Express tier, so you're at the very early end of the window.  Personally I wouldn't worry about it for a while, sending emails after only a week or two will just give you heartburn.

I have something at CCS now and the book got updated when it arrived and is now "CCS in Process" on the form and the charge levied to my account.  In several weeks it should move to "Scheduled to be Graded", which means it's back from CCS and in CGC's queue again.  Maybe that helps?

Dan

Even on walkthrough it routinely takes a couple business days between when the package is signed for / delivered and when the invoice first shows up in the system.

As others have noted, it will show first as “CCS in process”. There will be no intermediate updates between that entry and when it is done at CCS, at which time it will switch to “scheduled for grading” at CGC.

CCS estimated TAT is very different from CGC even at the higher tiers because they have no way of knowing what work will need to be done, how many pressing cycles a book will take, etc. In the last few months I’ve had an Express CCS be done in less than a week and others that took over a month. It’s (thankfully) not a one-size-fits-all process where every book gets exactly 17 minutes of cleaning and exactly 14 hours in the press and moves on. So some books just do take longer than others.