• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling all British dealers...

9 posts in this topic

Have any of you shipped a short box of comics before? (Around 170 - 190 comics) if so what was the postage? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks in advance acclaim.gif

I sent about 450 Comics about 2 years ago.

Bout' a long box and a half...sorry can't for the life of me remember the weight.

Anyways I sent them Fedex....and it was 80 quid...but the value was about 2 grand (Dollars), so I had to send this way.

Don't know if this is a guide for you.

I would guess you could send them via ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR DELIVERY, with Insurance tiers for £30, £250 & £500.

My Best guess at the highest Insurance level, it will cost you between £30 and £40 quid. thumbsup2.gif

Whatever you git done, don't ship the box by water. Your chance of gittin' it are 50/50. Pay the extra and git it flown. By smart not a fart. Be wise, drop the jive. Play it safe or you'll not escape.

That's right!...Yo thumbsup2.gif..what the bro' said...I think 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

Sounds good thanks! I have 6 or 7 boxes of comics i need to shift. Doubt anyone abroad will buy them but you never know cool.gif

Cheers for the info thumbsup2.gif

You're welcome thumbsup2.gif...you could also try straight Airmail, without the sig...which will be cheaper again...depends how much the stuff's worth obviously

If this is to the US, forget it unless they are top books. I'm still waiting for Backing Boards i ordered over two months ago, and even surface i was charged more than the actual value of the boards. foreheadslap.gif

If this is to the US, forget it unless they are top books. I'm still waiting for Backing Boards i ordered over two months ago, and even surface i was charged more than the actual value of the boards. foreheadslap.gif

I've never had any problems with shipping either to and from the States, and I've done it literally hundreds of times.

As for Surface Mail tho', you're right...I would'nt touch it with a ten foot pole,you've got as much chance of receiving your stuff as George Bush has of being believable! foreheadslap.gif