• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shifting/Rotated Pages on Annual Sized Comics
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I'm pursuing a Bronze Age comic book, an Annual issue - which means it has a box spine. I'm one of those collectors who avoids comics if the cover is rotated or shifted, showing the white edge on the spine when it shifts to the right, or where the comic words or price get cut-off when it shifts to the left. Almost all of the Annual issues I look at have some form of shifting. I'm prepared now to buy one with minimal rotating/shifting. However, I've discovered that if the cover is shifted, the pages on the inside also follow. I've seen some where a portion of the story gets cutoff. 

I see CGC doesn't appear to grade down the "box" issues when the cover is shifted. However, if an internal pages is shifted enough to cut into the edge of story, does that lower the grade of the comic?

Thanks for your time.